GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo due to disappoint us all.....AGAIN!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 22:39
Regular
After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of the GameCube to September next year!

According to Codejunkies, who develop game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames, they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

So why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Well the launch in Japan was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo, especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft, and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

So if you are excited about getting your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest is: Don't hold your breath.
Sat 27/10/01 at 00:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A petition got the fab Super Smash Bros here - I think....?!!!
Sat 27/10/01 at 00:27
Regular
stop talking crap. Gamecube will be released in March and we will all be happy.

Dont be thinking Nintendo are treating us like dirt. Just remember they only recently set up Nintendo UK to distribute games.

And you must see how cautious Nintendo want to be after the N64. Sony whipped Nintendo in the last era, so Nintendo will want to way up everything and release when the time is right.
Sat 27/10/01 at 00:33
Regular
I agree Edgy Nintendo don't see us as priority but that doesnt mean they hate us and so here i go ready to disagree.

Edgy wrote:
> After reading the latest NGC magazine, I was relieved to hear that a spokeswoman
> from Nintendo of Europe said that the GameCube's release date has not been
> announced, but has been stated as Spring so that European customers aren't
> disappointed by any delays.

How wrong could I be?

Not only is what she
> said a load of rubbish, but it looks like Nintendo are delaying the release of
> the GameCube to September next year!

Defiantly not the Gamecube is coming out between late febuary to early April.

According to Codejunkies, who develop
> game enhancers for nearly every console said that a games publisher has revealed
> that "Europe is not a priority for Nintendo".

Tell us something we
> didn't already know!

I'm sure most of you already know how Nintendo treat us
> like dirt. The only exception being the release of the Game Boy Advance being
> released just after America had them. Ever since Nintendo have made videogames,
> they have been delaying European and sometimes American release dates. It
> happened with the N64, and with top games like 'Zelda: Ocarina of Time'.

What are you on? Ocarina of Time was delayed because it wasnt finished Zelda appeared in Japan, America and Europe within 2 months! As fo the UK if you read my post you would understand why Europe isn't a priority because they don't do well over here.

So
> why delay the console this time?

Well it's not been confirmed by Nintendo
> themselves that they are going to delay it's release, but part of Grant Hughes
> article on Codejunkies says this:

"A spokesperson for Nintendo told MCV
> that no Euro launch date will be given "until after we have seen how the
> launches have gone in Japan and the US"."

Did you not know this? Quite frankly Nintendo need to know how many consoles they should ship over to Europe, Japan works differently so the success over there isn't a good indicator the launch in America is, if the American launch is a hit then tonnes of GC's will be heading our way if not then not so many. if tonnes are heading ourway the middle/end of spring is when we will see the GC if not so many then Early spring perhaps even before spring.

Well the launch in Japan
> was a success (considering what had just happened) and I can't see Nintendo
> failing to reach audiences in the United States. However Nintendo will use
> anything to put off their launches in Europe.

The trouble with Nintendo,
> especialy Yamauchi (think that's how you spell his name), is that they are too
> confident. Nintendo keep having arguments with top developers like Squaresoft,
> and they keep delaying and rising the prices of their software, and yet they
> expect us all to be buying their consoles and games with no complaints. I will
> still be getting my GameCube, but if there is a massive delay as predicted, I
> wont be too happy with Nintendo about it.

Mr Yamuchi is actually listening! Shock i know Squaresoft hurt Nintendo they were good friends and then they ditched ninty fo Sony i understand why they are angry. But he said he will try to reach release dates this time and he also pushed this great big uk offices in london to help the european gamers.

So if you are excited about getting
> your GameCubes and seing all the new games and innovations, all I can suggest
> is: Don't hold your breath.

Shelly Friend of Nintendo UK guareenteed Nintendo will reach the Spring date the only question is "when in spring?"

It is worth the wait but what a wait it is.
Sat 27/10/01 at 01:39
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Heh!

Thought you'd be able to write something on the topic Edgy!

:)

Even though Nintendo continue to annoy, with their unwilliness to give firm release dates, to delay games loads in Europe, or not release games, I just can't help myself from liking them, their consoles, and their games sooooo much!

I'd like to be a complete an utter PLEB and be dedicated to the Playstation, but I just can't bring myself round to the idea! I'm a true gaming fan and so I like to experiance lots of new and exciting games. The only console I can see giving me this is the Gamecube. A Nintendo console! They may not release masses of games, but when they do, you can be sure that it'll be something new any exciting. Whereas the Playstation is just full of sequels {checking the other day, I saw that there was only 1 game in the PS2 top 10 which wasn't a sequel. Well I didn't know what that 1 game was, so I assumed it wasn't!!!} This is just sooo annoying and so I reply on my Nintendo console with developers like Rare to produce me some GREAT, QUALITY, ORIGINAL titles!

I'm willing to wait as long as it will take for Nintendo to release their Gamecube in the UK! One day in the future I might get a PS2, but not for a good while yet! My reason for this you might ask. Well there really isn't any game worthy of my hard earned cash on the PS2 at the moment. The only games that I see will EVER make the PS2 worth getting are Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid, and there not out yet. I'll wait a couple years, when I can pick up a PS2 for a tuppence and then play those games!

I've still got my N64, Dreamcast, Playstation, SNES, NES, and PC to keep me busy until the day that my life gets even better when a Gamecube arrives on my door step!!!

Sat 27/10/01 at 01:46
Regular
Damn right a true gaming fan but i disagree with Edgy's post read below.
Sat 27/10/01 at 01:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Turn to the dark side and come with Sony, they know how to treat us right. Nearly, if not all of their software development houses are based right here in Britain!
Sat 27/10/01 at 01:59
Regular
Good things come to those who wait.

Bad things come to people who couldnt be arsed and get a PS2.
Sat 27/10/01 at 02:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Er, yeah. *sniffs* Oh, what's that I can smell? Oh yes, it's bullcrap.
Sat 27/10/01 at 02:15
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Ooooo the Dark side!

But Turbonutter if I did that, then I'd be stuck playing third rate c*** for the next five years!!!

Sat 27/10/01 at 02:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, but if you didn't buy it, you'be be stuck playing third rate crap on your N64 ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.