GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Dead Redemption Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Red Dead Redemption'.
Wed 19/05/10 at 15:37
Regular
"THFC"
I know it is a game that many of the users on here are picking up, and with the release being only a couple days away, i thought it would be a good idea to start this Thread and get everyone's views, anticipations and expectations.

And of course as soon as we have all had ample time to play we will then be able to look back and see what went wrong and what was spot on!

So let's gets discussing!

PS3 RDR owners:

Butch
dav2612
Emmie87
McLong
pb
Warhunt

360 RDR owners:

Grandprix
Sonic Chris
Mon 24/05/10 at 16:08
Regular
"How Ironic"
Drat, I need someone else to finish this so I can talk about a part after the ending! :( I will anyway, but in a spoiler, so read at your peril :P

Show Spoiler

Here's a glitch. If you're into Mexico, you're ok to read this bit, if you're still in America, again, read at your peril.
Show Spoiler

There are many more glitches I've discovered, into double figures. I'll probably make a post of them once everyone's completed the game, and hopefully before Rockstar fix them all.
Mon 24/05/10 at 14:42
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
dav2612 wrote:
> My daughter would agree with that, she was well impressed to see
> a dog taking a p!ss.

Language.

Anyway, this one line has made up my mind as to whether or not to play this game this evening or catch up on sleep.
Mon 24/05/10 at 11:13
Regular
"And in last place.."
McLong wrote:
> It's also the small touches that impress me

My daughter would agree with that, she was well impressed to see a dog taking a p!ss.
Mon 24/05/10 at 11:00
Regular
dav2612 wrote:
> must remember to change from the lasso afterwards, I'll
> last longer in a gun fight with my guns.

I keep doing this, it's rather annoying.

Managed to play quite a bit at the weekend, about 30% after 8 hours or so.
Show Spoiler

I managed to hogtie some woman and stick her on the train track for the achievement. Nothing like giblets spraying all over the screen. If you're going to do this I recommend you do it in the dead of night, otherwise you get the whole town attacking you.

A question for those who have played it; have you been caught out riding during a thunder storm yet? How awesome does that look, with the lightning effects and rain drops on the screen!

It's also the small touches that impress me, I'll spoiler it for those who haven't played much yet
Show Spoiler

Good stuff.
Mon 24/05/10 at 10:17
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
dav2612 wrote:
> I'll last longer in a gun fight with my guns.

Must remember that one!

Not played this yet despite having it since Saturday, will try to get a couple of hours in tonight however and see what's what.
Mon 24/05/10 at 09:18
Regular
"And in last place.."
I've only managed about 3 hours on this so far (PS3 version) but really enjoying it. Bagged my first bounty last night but one really must remember to change from the lasso afterwards, I'll last longer in a gun fight with my guns.
Sun 23/05/10 at 18:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ending is strange...
Sat 22/05/10 at 17:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
Over 50% through the game now, finished mexico, and in Blackwater. Done a few missions in Blackwater. First thing I did was join a $100 poker table with 5 people. For some reason over half the table was chinese people (yes, 3 people!) Still took all their money, with abit of cheating :) Yeh Emmie, cheating will be difficult at first, I had about 20 duels when I first tried :P Can cheat anytime I want now though ;D Make sure there's at least 3 other people so you get plenty of time though. Never try it one on one, it's really hard to cheat.
Sat 22/05/10 at 12:00
Regular
"THFC"
Looks like some kind person has edited for me - thanks!

I am same place as you chris, i did not get to play last night and only just now turning it on this morning.

Need to know when people are going to be online so we can Posse up and kick some butt!

I got a ringer in Horseshoes so got that trophy, and got the Elegant suit that lets you cheat at poker, but not tried it yet!
Fri 21/05/10 at 20:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
I'm up to about 45% through the game

Show Spoiler

Games pretty fun. I decided to shoot a goat to try and get some fur and sell it to an american shop, but it turns out I murdered someone's cattle and got a bounty on my head. About 20 bounty hunters stormed me at once! It's a goat!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.