GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Red Dead Redemption Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Red Dead Redemption'.
Wed 19/05/10 at 15:37
Regular
"THFC"
I know it is a game that many of the users on here are picking up, and with the release being only a couple days away, i thought it would be a good idea to start this Thread and get everyone's views, anticipations and expectations.

And of course as soon as we have all had ample time to play we will then be able to look back and see what went wrong and what was spot on!

So let's gets discussing!

PS3 RDR owners:

Butch
dav2612
Emmie87
McLong
pb
Warhunt

360 RDR owners:

Grandprix
Sonic Chris
Tue 25/05/10 at 22:38
Regular
"THFC"
Found this on another site about getting the "Buckin Awesome" Trophy;

after you do a certain mission with Bonnie, where you learn to break horses, you are given a golden coloured horse which is one of the three rare horses in the game - the kentucky saddler.

the other two rare horses, which have the best speed and strength, are the hungarian half-bred, fully white, which can be found roaming the wild in mexico. and the american standardbred, fully black, which can be found roaming the wild in west elizebeth. neither horses can be purchased until you have found them and broken them in, which is also worth a trophy.

So this is how you can get the trophy!
Tue 25/05/10 at 12:29
Regular
"THFC"
Whats the deal with getting better Horses, do you have to do the horse breaking missions, or do you just lasso them in the wild?

I stuck with the one i was given until i saw one which was all black and thought it looked slightly cooler lol, but never know if it was any better or anything.

I have managed to do some of the challenges up to level 7, but need to go kill some bears now, aint seen any, where are they?

I really need to get back on it, but the gf has a week off work and i cant get time on there lol, hopefully later!
Tue 25/05/10 at 09:53
Regular
Played a tiiiny bit last night. Helping Mr Ricketts out a bit more.

I need to go back to America at some stage as I hardly did any hunting or treasure searching or anything really. I need to do the hunter challenges and skin as many animals as possible to save up for the $1500 horse.

If you successfully find treasure, do you get a bit of money from it? Or is it just for the achievement?
Tue 25/05/10 at 09:41
Regular
"And in last place.."
Butch wrote:
> Managed to get on this last night and it's fairly enjoyable to
> far, only played for a couple of hours so far so in Armadillo
> currently. Got a little side-tracked killing birds, rabbits,
> picking up treasure maps and flowers...

I find skinning animals and flower picking a big distraction. I take a brief pause every now and then to do a mission, talk to a stranger, tie up a woman and leave her on the train track.

I saw a dead dear lying by the side of the road this morning and skinning it was the first thing that came into my mind.
Tue 25/05/10 at 09:11
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Managed to get on this last night and it's fairly enjoyable to far, only played for a couple of hours so far so in Armadillo currently. Got a little side-tracked killing birds, rabbits, picking up treasure maps and flowers...

Had a couple of goes on multiplayer, the silly 'free-roam' thing decided to dump me in the middle of a town where a massive gun-fight was taking place, not an ideal introduction! Got into it eventually though and got a couple of good games in before I went to watch telly.
Mon 24/05/10 at 23:41
Regular
"THFC"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Compared to the rest of the game, Blackwater is a doddle.
> Although Blackwater isn't necessarily the end.. ;)

Lol, well i look forward to seeing the ending and then working to get some trophies and online.

When you finish the game, cane you go back and do things for strangers and that, as there is a silver trophy for helping 15 strangers, i have helped about 8 i think, but dont want to miss my chance!!?
Mon 24/05/10 at 21:54
Regular
"How Ironic"
Compared to the rest of the game, Blackwater is a doddle. Although Blackwater isn't necessarily the end.. ;)
Mon 24/05/10 at 20:11
Regular
"THFC"
So not too much left for me to do and i take it that you do not do much in Blackwater for the game to end, as i am at about 45% i think, if not more!?!

Still great and will hopefully be able to play some more soon, but i also enjoy the online aspect of it!
Mon 24/05/10 at 19:38
Regular
"How Ironic"
With the main storyline completed, I'm just over 60%.
Mon 24/05/10 at 18:55
Regular
"THFC"
Well i am still in Mexico, i have not been able to play much the past couple of days but hopefully i can get some more time in soon.

I must be near the end of Mexico but we will see, roughly at what % do you complete the game chris?

I need to rack up some more trophies, you do not really unlock too many just playing through it seems, but maybe more come along later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.