GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We need a website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 18:32
Regular
Right. The web design forum here needs a website, for posting all sorts of advice, links, news etc. A "community" website. It should be interactive and fully display the best of our skills. So:

Coding - Me, cjh and ajh. Basically anyone who can.

Site design and layout - Reaper and Tyla. You guys work together on it. Give me a final layout as a Fireworks file and I'll take it from there

Content - Andy/Bob, and everyone else here

We need some webspace, I'll get some at Freedom2Surf once their servers come back online. They're a very good server for what we want to do. If anyone else wants to help out, that's great.

Any more suggestions would be welcome.
Page:
Wed 05/12/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sorry for delay, but I'm a bit busy right now. I *will* get some more work done once I get Apache, PHP and MySQL running on Linux. But, I have to do classics coursework from here to Friday, so Friday night is when work will commence!
Tue 04/12/01 at 23:57
But.. but.. Windows XP's Notepad is better! It has a status bar, and can actually deal with unix LF/CR!

Seriously though, I come forth to tell you that the server I keep in the loft is back up after a few days down, and people are welcome to peruse at their leisure. Also, the WebTech site is up here with working sql thanks to Turbonutter.

http://luke.ac6.org/

http://luke.ac6.org/webtech/site/
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Windows: First Page 2000
Linux: Quanta
Fri 23/11/01 at 10:00
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Slaveunit wrote:
> I learned in notepad too!

Apparently, there are massive communities of people
> who only code in notepad. I've never found them, but then I don't really wwant
> to....

I was one of those once... ahh the memories, then I deiscovered BBEdit!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 08:58
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I learned in notepad too!

Apparently, there are massive communities of people who only code in notepad. I've never found them, but then I don't really wwant to....
Fri 23/11/01 at 08:46
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, yes, I started in notepad...does the job fine, just not the most user friendly interface for someone starting out. I had a nice 600 page help book for comfort..
Fri 23/11/01 at 08:32
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> They don't come much more simple than notepad..

NotePad has to be the most powerful app in the world!!:-) NotePad rocks!!

Seriously though, notepad is all you'd need!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 08:19
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
They don't come much more simple than notepad..
Fri 23/11/01 at 08:18
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Calcat wrote:
> I want to build a web site and I have no idea where to start. I have my own
> domain but thats about it.
Can anyone suggest a simple program or a site that
> could help me. Thanks for any help

NotePad!!
Text Pad...
Dreamweaver
Homesite
Flash
Fireworks/ Photshop/Illustrator...

The list goes on...

BUT DONT USE FRONTPAGE!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dreamweaver - http://www.macromedia.com/
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.