GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well I like the X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/10/01 at 12:58
Regular
But that's just me.
I don't hate Microsoft (pls explain, all you anti-Gates monkeys exactly WHY you detest Microsoft, instead of just saying that because it's fashionable to)

The more I see of the X-Box, the more impressed I am.
I dont care if it costs £299, so did the PS2.
I can afford that.

I will buy whatever console appeals to me.
Which is why I am bypassing the Gamecube.
Not because "It sucks!" but because I don't have any interest in Nintendo.

Did anyone not understand that? I dont hate the Gamecube, I just have no interest. I dont care what anyone else does, I like the look of the X-Box and think I'm getting one.
I enjoy my PS2 just as much as I thought I would.
I enjoy my PC a lot more, and the X-Box looks like something I'm interested in.

Now all you Nintendo/Sony Fanboys can flame away and tell me why the X-Box "sucks"
Because I haven't heard one valid reason that stands up to scrutiny.
Sun 21/10/01 at 21:49
Regular
Thats true Mantis, in the Gt3 package you couldn,t swap it for another game.
Sun 21/10/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
A month ago with the PS2 GT3 package you had no option about the game. You got GT3 and that was that.
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:24
Turbonutter wrote:
> Mantis wrote:
> What if you don't want GT3? Its the same thing.

No,
> but I don't *have* to buy GT3.

Your parents? :D
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:18
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mantis wrote:
> What if you don't want GT3? Its the same thing.

No, but I don't *have* to buy GT3.
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:08
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
WipWout Fusion

WipWout Fusion eh?

That's a new one on me!

(Sorry, but I had to point that out, made me laugh my little pathetic head off....)
Sun 21/10/01 at 18:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
What if you don't want GT3? Its the same thing.
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What if you don't want any of the Microsoft games?
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:19
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Even if this is true(which I doubt) I'm sure it only means you get MS games in the game bundles that come with the Xbox.

It's like saying "Sony force you into buying one of their games with the PS2!" but all that really means is you get GT3 pre packaged with it.
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nope, several people have said it, all at different times. I think Upwire ran an article on it.

However, what do you really think the chances of an Xbox fansite saying anything like that are?
Sun 21/10/01 at 17:04
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Turbonutter wrote:
> The thing is, most of the games either don't appeal to me, or I can get on the PS2. Also on the PS2 I can get such games as Burnout, Airblade, WipWout Fusion and The Getaway. Also, Microsoft say that when you but a Xbox, you must buy at least 3 games, and 2 of them must be Microsoft titles.

What? Where did you hear that? I have been reading about the Xbox for ages and I have never heard that story before. It's probably just a rumour going about the sony websites.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.