GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brute Force in 3,2,1 days!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brute Force'.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
After a very long wait, Brute Force is nearly upon is. Released on the 20th, I choose it as a GAD! Im not expecting it to turn up on the 20th (It is free after all, so im not complaining) but at least I know its on its way come Friday!

Anybody else getting this game? If so, and you have broadband, see you online via Gamespy XBOX Portal eh? Should be good...very good...Plus Live downloads!

Canna wait!
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:47
Regular
Do what you like. Frankly, I don't have the time to waste playing such games.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:43
Regular
You haven't played it yet you say its just a let down. I can't count the number of times I used to follow reviews. After I found Blade 2 a pleasantly enjoyable game and after reading reviews 2-3/10 I decided it was time to change. From now on I won't comment on a game unless I have played it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:43
Regular
"8==="
Rent it. It deserves a play, trust me.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:41
Regular
That's exaggerated completely. I never said it's utter toss, just that it's flawed and I don't want it. The only time I've voiced this is when it's been asked for, or I have felt it will fuel the discussion. If you can find me a place where I have 'rubbished it' unnecessarily, then I'll eat my hat.

So far, I count two times I've mentioned what my views were on it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:37
Regular
Doesn't mean it's crap though, you've decided it it's complete toss, from reading someone elses opinions. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that everytime someone on here says anyhting about the game, you say it's rubbish even though you've never played it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:33
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Me thinks it's time someone formed some opinions of his own.

It's not like I read the ratings and formulate an opinion solely on that; the reviews are informative and so I read them. On a measly £8 a week, I've concluded that Brute Force is a game I neither want or can afford.
Mon 23/06/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Laughingstock"
er-no wrote:
> Its a crap game.

er no, just because you don't like a game doesn't mean that it's crap.
Why not say "I *think* its a crap game"?

But no. Every time you say a game is crap like it's an objective statement of fact.
Games are subjective.

One man's rot is another man's riot.
Mon 23/06/03 at 18:45
Regular
"8==="
More on the objectives: Some involve finding crashed ships, some involve assasinating key figures and some involve the complete eradication of oppositon groups.

All the characters are like something out of a 2000AD comic ie they are cool but not too cliched.
Mon 23/06/03 at 18:42
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, primary and secondary objectives. DNA cannisters to find and collect.
You can do each mission 'run and shoot' or you can do it stealthily or a mix of both. You can use however many characters you like to do it too. You have to watch yuor ammo a bit though.

It's got Jet Force Gemini, Halo and C:DS's better elements all rolled into it! Fan-freaking-tastic!
Mon 23/06/03 at 18:35
Regular
Is Brute Force at all varied or is it just run and shoot. Any mission objectives of any sort?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.