GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brute Force in 3,2,1 days!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brute Force'.
Tue 17/06/03 at 20:24
Regular
After a very long wait, Brute Force is nearly upon is. Released on the 20th, I choose it as a GAD! Im not expecting it to turn up on the 20th (It is free after all, so im not complaining) but at least I know its on its way come Friday!

Anybody else getting this game? If so, and you have broadband, see you online via Gamespy XBOX Portal eh? Should be good...very good...Plus Live downloads!

Canna wait!
Tue 24/06/03 at 17:27
Regular
You have to have a keyboard for shortcut spells.

Nice to see they catered for people not using one. It's not really a problem, having to leave my character standing still and completely open to attack for 30 seconds while I choose a spell from a menu.

You can't even change the default spell for the B button to something else.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:16
Regular
You just put spells on shortcut keys, you don't need all of them, half of them are rubbish.
Tue 24/06/03 at 14:12
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> It's worse than Shenmue

Why did you put down Shenmue as the worst game ever a few weeks a go then?
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:52
Regular
It's balls.

And why the hell do I have to scroll through a menu just to cast a spell?

It's worse than Shenmue, all you do is walk through narrow linear 'corridors' and have a really slow fight with something.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:47
Regular
Nope, it's excellent online.

Once you start picking up the secret weapons and your character builds up to badass level, it's hard to put the game down. It's pretty slow and dull offline, but playing with other people online makes it feel like a totally different game.
Tue 24/06/03 at 13:44
Regular
How can you stand to play that game?

It's so incredibly slow and boring.
Tue 24/06/03 at 09:57
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> What's the community like on PSO on Xbox, i've heard you can only get
> on the UK servers, is this true?
>
> Probably gonna get PSO for Xbox when i get my Live kit, got fed up
> with using a keyboard and also the character deleting bug on the Cube
> version. That's a point, have you heard anyone talking about a bug in
> the game that deletes characters?

I haven't been online yet, been waiting for a new router after the last one I ordered killed itself.

The manual for PSO recommends playing through Ep 1 before going online to build your character up, so that's what I'm doing, I don't want to waste my first 60 days free by going on with a useless character ! I've heard of no bugs online or in the magazines, and from the fact that the game includes multilingual text etc I'm guessing that you can get on any server with space. Possibly what you've heard is that the servers elsewhere tend to be busy and not have so much free space at certain times of the day, whereas the UK ones are not full because of less users.
Tue 24/06/03 at 00:03
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The same conversation is happening in two different threads, almost identical.

DeJa Vu or however the hell you spell it.
Mon 23/06/03 at 21:04
Regular
No. I actually checked them out properly. The likes of Brute Force and Blade 2, I just don't have time for. At the end of the day, I don't feel I'm missing out at all.
Mon 23/06/03 at 20:51
Regular
What are "Such games"? Oddworld or Amped maybe?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.