GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me (Gamecube or XBox?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
I'm thinking of getting another console to go with my trusty PS2, but I'm not sure which of the current batch would suit my needs more. I absolutely love Halo to bits, and Halo 2 comes out soonish. But Ialso lke the look of them Star Wars games on the GC - especially Rebel Assault 3 when that comes out, Xwings, Millennium Falcons, Taun Tauns, etc. But then again Star Wars: Galaxies come out on XBox in September and that makes me drool. So which should it be? Xbox or Gamecube - you decide*.

* (you don't actually decide, I just said that so you'd think so had some degree of control over my life)
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> when you mature you will have these 'tay tar tays' only then you might > not think that the console has feelings.

I think the best way to show maturity is to stop silly arguments about PS2's and crap. Thats not aimed at you directly Ali, just in general because I hate seeing silly fights over which consoles are best and what have you. To be honest I think it's quite sad really.
Regular
Ali does not force people not to buy PS2s.
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Borat Sagdiyev wrote:
> argh, its like austin powers......
>
> I have trouble conTROLLING THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE
>
>
> :D

:-D
Regular
Telling people what I think is forcing opinions? Hell yeah! That makes a cake load of sense considering the fact that I praise the console as much as I dig it.
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I don't get your point?

And I don't get why that has a question mark.

I said it in my last post. The site is about games discussion, not why you don't find the PS2 an attractive console. It's why everyone hates the 'console wars' topics so much.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
> THAT'S THE THING.
> I KNOW CONSOLES DON'T HAVE FEELINGS.

argh, its like austin powers......

I have trouble conTROLLING THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE

:D
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:44
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
THAT'S THE THING.
I KNOW CONSOLES DON'T HAVE FEELINGS.

I don't even like the PS2.

I'm just trying to point out to you that it's completely unnecessary to FORCE YOUR OPINION ON OTHERS.

I couldn't care less what Sony do. I'm happy as a GC and PC gamer. Do I tell everyone how I like GC best? No. Do I tell people I think the PC is a better games machine than the other two consoles? No.

You seem to like to go on and on about the lack of good exclusives on the PS2, regardless of whether anyone else even cares.

I could easily say there are only 6 or 7 good exclusives on GC, because I don't like Metroid or Zelda, but I DON'T. I KNOW THAT PEOPLE HERE WANT TO DISCUSS GAMES, NOT WHY CERTAIN CONSOLES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:43
Regular
Owned one, sold it. Comment on it and say what I think is good and whats bad.

I don't get your point?

Then again who could understand what the hell you are spewing out...
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:41
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
>I don't go trying to force my opinion of it onto those who do like it.

This tips it off perfectly.

Find me one place where I told people not to buy a PS2? Oh please do it would make my night.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:40
Regular
so c'mon monkey man what have you decided on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.