GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me (Gamecube or XBox?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
I'm thinking of getting another console to go with my trusty PS2, but I'm not sure which of the current batch would suit my needs more. I absolutely love Halo to bits, and Halo 2 comes out soonish. But Ialso lke the look of them Star Wars games on the GC - especially Rebel Assault 3 when that comes out, Xwings, Millennium Falcons, Taun Tauns, etc. But then again Star Wars: Galaxies come out on XBox in September and that makes me drool. So which should it be? Xbox or Gamecube - you decide*.

* (you don't actually decide, I just said that so you'd think so had some degree of control over my life)
Fri 27/06/03 at 01:22
Regular
"8==="
Unless it's a deliberatly engineered argument intended to lead to 'make up' sex.
Fri 27/06/03 at 01:07
"I love yo... lamp."
Hedfix wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> when it comes to the dreaded "do I look fat" question, you
> CAN NOT be blunt.
>
> Oh, but it has to be tried!

Not if you actually like, even love, her. Coz that's almost as big a no no as saying "Im sleeping with your sister".
Fri 27/06/03 at 01:04
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Gamecube because it has some some good games coming out and is cheap,overall I mean.
Fri 27/06/03 at 00:56
Regular
"8==="
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> when it comes to the dreaded "do I look fat" question, you CAN NOT be > blunt.

Oh, but it has to be tried!
Fri 27/06/03 at 00:20
"I love yo... lamp."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> But its not my fault that people take my posts differently. Look at
> the context of the thread and see what I reply with. I appreciate that
> I can be blunt at times but that doesn't make me evil :)

Well try keeping a bit cooler and not being so blunt.

If you are like that here, then chances are your the same off line. And one thing you may not have found out yet is that when it comes to the dreaded "do I look fat" question, you CAN NOT be blunt.
Fri 27/06/03 at 00:18
"I love yo... lamp."
Well in that case I better make a post in life where I claim to be you!
Fri 27/06/03 at 00:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> I don't like the PS2 either. Although I admit that I like some of my
> games for it. I like my Xbox best at the moment because I like the
> games on it most. The GC is good, but is lacking in some areas.

It's like you read my mind.

;)
Fri 27/06/03 at 00:13
Regular
But its not my fault that people take my posts differently. Look at the context of the thread and see what I reply with. I appreciate that I can be blunt at times but that doesn't make me evil :)
Fri 27/06/03 at 00:07
"I love yo... lamp."
*puts on ultra patronising tone*

Children children... Calm down.

I don't like the PS2 either. Although I admit that I like some of my games for it. I like my Xbox best at the moment because I like the games on it most. The GC is good, but is lacking in some areas. My DC and N64 are still the best two consoles ever.

See. An opinion. Without an argument. A well founded one, based on my experience.

*stops ultra patronising tone*
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea I know this argument isn't about console wars, I just mean in general. But I understand that you're trying to put your opinion across, and fair enough, as you said this is a chat forum and you can say what you want (within reason obviously) :)

But at the same time, you've got to understand that Memo and Hedfix down there may not like the way in which your putting you opinion across. Like one of them said, someone typed up a fact about how many games there were available for the PS2. And you (Alistair) said that there were only 4 worth owning, that's your opinion, fair enough. But maybe you could have been a bit more tactful in the way you put the point across. Maybe stating which games you think are worth owning and why, and which games you believe aren't as good as other people think.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe you should make your points a bit stronger by putting in some examples and reasons for you opinions, instead of little one liners like I have seen you post before. (no offence)

Anyhoo, once you've got all your consoles you won't really care about all this.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.