GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me (Gamecube or XBox?)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
I'm thinking of getting another console to go with my trusty PS2, but I'm not sure which of the current batch would suit my needs more. I absolutely love Halo to bits, and Halo 2 comes out soonish. But Ialso lke the look of them Star Wars games on the GC - especially Rebel Assault 3 when that comes out, Xwings, Millennium Falcons, Taun Tauns, etc. But then again Star Wars: Galaxies come out on XBox in September and that makes me drool. So which should it be? Xbox or Gamecube - you decide*.

* (you don't actually decide, I just said that so you'd think so had some degree of control over my life)
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:41
Regular
This isn't console wars. Hell, I left that behind months and months a go. I just shouldn't post my opinions about the PS2 according to a few people which is hilarious considering its a chat forum.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Choose as you wish to answer that but when I pick up my PS2 and
> complete my colelction of all the consoles I will most likely complain
> even more about the little things because one will always be doing
> something better than the other one.

When you find yourself with all the consoles, I think you'll find that you probably wont really care about each consoles little faults, and will just appreciate each consoles strengths a lot more. Then you'll realise just how silly the whole 'console wars' thing really is.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:15
Regular
I think the problem is with you not knowing what the hell went on. He was pathetic, going on about all the posts I had done saying that the PS2 is "crap" when there aren't any. I have made construtive points praising and degrading the PS2 and for that matter I will continue to do so. I do about the Xbox when I aren't happy and the same with the Cube.

I will own a PS2 again in a few weeks and as a customer I will say what I am happy with. If you can't live with that then tough luck.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:12
Regular
"8==="
Well I am not a fan of the PS2. I think I will discuss how poor it is for quite a while to come, some people may learn.

I didn't really know what Ali thought of the PS2 before I read that Ali-Chem Bro argument a week or two ago.

However Ali does silly things in this argument like jumping on Chem Bro for being a Newbie. Chem Bro was easily holding his own and made Ali look quite petty indeed.

So I think your problem is with Ali rather than those who knock the PS2.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:11
Regular
Whether you know about my feelings is irrelavant. I was replying to a post which I didn't agree with. Its a chatforum you see and we don't have to agree with every bloody thing that some other user posts.

Better get used to it anyway because I am picking up a PS2 in a few weeks and I will have some more quarells and questions. Or is that classed as forcing my opinion?

Choose as you wish to answer that but when I pick up my PS2 and complete my colelction of all the consoles I will most likely complain even more about the little things because one will always be doing something better than the other one.

Either put up and shut up or actually discuss the topics with me. Either way I couldn't care less.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:06
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
There. I've explained myself fully. I don't think I have anything else to add. Surely now you understand what I mean.

Anyway. I'm off.
I bid ye' farewell and goodnight.
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
BAH BAH BAH BAH.

I didn't say he tried to force people not to buy PS2s. He tries to force his opinion on everyone by mentioning it at any given oppurtunity.

I don't like constantly referring back to 'that' thread, but I'm afraid this is just a repeat of what happened there. It's him sticking to his same old story, backtracking a little, while someone else (me, in this case) tries to explain to him that we don't need to see his comments about the PS2 because we know how he feels about it...

It's the little snide comments here and there that cause the annoyance. Here:

"FantasyMeister wrote:
> P.S. As of today there are 502 games released for the PS2 in the UK,
> you're kinda spoilt for choice :)

Not when you consider the fact that there are around 4 that are worth owning."

Now, FM just posted a little trivial fact, and you had to go and say that. Why? Does anyone care that you think that? No. Surely you know saying things like that when the chance comes up is hardly going to get a positive reaction, especially in the Sony forum.

Now. I'm going to repeat myself one more time, and then I'm leaving.

You have an opinion. That's fine.
Have you expressed this opinion before? Yes, so we know how you feel.
Are comments like the one above necessary? No.

There are plenty of other threads in which you make similar negative comments, apparently for the hell of it. I also know you're getting another one, so maybe you're on the way to recovery, but there was no reason for you to ever go on like you did, and I do hope you've stopped, I really do.

That was the kind of thing I was talking about when I made that comment near the start of this thread - you seem to like to make unnecessary negative comments whenever possible.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:52
Regular
"8==="
Lou Role wrote:

> PS2's and crap.

You're saying they are not the same thing?

*sets it all off again*
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
Thats the thing though. I explained why I sold my PS2 and because of this I am forcing my opinions.

That makes sense.
Thu 26/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
Memorandum wrote:
>I don't get why that has a question mark.

Its a rhetorical question. I am questioning the matter which you can't seem to address.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.