GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Sony are number 1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 13:18
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/primal/news_6030684.html

Sony to sponsor Ozzfest 2003.
It's things like this, and sponsoring skate tournaments and various other Gen X events that promote the brand, encourage sales and increase loyalty.
Capturing the market with disposable income and a love for video games.

And, this isn't a knock on Nintendo, but that's why Nintendo are forever stuck as "kiddy" and lack the sorts of sales in Europe that Sony do. Because they dont market themselves very well.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Have you actually read any opf my replies.
Do I even refute any of your claims?
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
gerrid wrote:
> Calm down sonny, nobody's dissing your precious opinion

--

*knocks on gerrid's head and hears the water slosh*
Hello? Anyone home? You can't even come up with your own pithy putdowns?

Jesus, I post saying that Nintendo dont have the best marketing, somebody posts a link to a snowboarding expo, I say "actually that's pretty cool they're doing intelligent marketing" and what happens?
Yet another Nintendo Vs Sony screaming fit.

You retards.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Goatboy wrote:
> Calm down sonny, nobody's dissing your precious tardcube

Calm down sonny, nobody's dissing your precious opinion
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:29
Goatboy wrote:
> Sony to sponsor Ozzfest 2003.
> It's things like this, and sponsoring skate tournaments and various
> other Gen X events that promote the brand, encourage sales and
> increase loyalty.
> Capturing the market with disposable income and a love for video
> games.

Indeed, because bopping your head like a moron to Marilyn Manson and running over people's toes on your skateboard because you misjudged your "grind" are mature and adult things to be associated with.

At least Sony can claim to be targetting the right market. Large groups of people who like to congregate and lay waste to their own brain cells are far more likely to believe that what Sony offer passes as entertainment.

Personally, I'd rather these people promote their goods on something worthwhile.

"Save the whales, in association with Sony"
"Stop killing the rainforests with Nintendo"

Is this likely to happen? No. Instead we'll just have to live in a world filled with incredibly easily led morons who think that because a certain product sponsors a given event, that product is a worthy purchase.

So Sony support this "Ozzfest", great. People will buy PS2s. If a comany selling stress-relief tablets with numerous side-effects including erctal bleeding, heart disease and hair loss, would they go out and buy that too? Most likely.

I live in a world filled with idiots, where the only people who aren;t incredibly stupid are taknig advantage of everyone else who is.

"Civilisation"

Pah.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:27
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:27
Yeah, good point. Unfortunately, mines is already full, with digibox, VCR, DVD and PS2
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:26
Regular
"8==="
Eek! Top loading though! :D

You still have to pull it out like the n64 then.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:25
Regular
"8==="
Come to think of it. Without the GB player the GC is only as tall as a chunky VCR. It'll fit into a music and TV set up where height is left for speakers.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:21
But ok, the cube shape was made to be different, but it is far more annoying to store! If they had just gone for wide and flat, more people would have bought one. However bulky the XBox is, it can still fit on a shelf in a TV cabinet.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:17
Regular
"8==="
An n64 with a game in it is almost as high. So you'd have to pull the n64 out to play. I see your point though. GC is so small a space can and should be made easily for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.