GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Sony are number 1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 13:18
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/primal/news_6030684.html

Sony to sponsor Ozzfest 2003.
It's things like this, and sponsoring skate tournaments and various other Gen X events that promote the brand, encourage sales and increase loyalty.
Capturing the market with disposable income and a love for video games.

And, this isn't a knock on Nintendo, but that's why Nintendo are forever stuck as "kiddy" and lack the sorts of sales in Europe that Sony do. Because they dont market themselves very well.
Fri 27/06/03 at 14:44
Regular
"DS..."
we all know that sony are the biggest marketing wh ores around and that nintendo dont advertise enough or in the right places most of the time but the only real reason sony have made as many sales as the have is due to their mass following of casual gamers for the mostpart who will buy any cr ap thats churned out day by day if its waved in their faces long enough due to this mass advertising.

if this were an ideal world then nintendo wouldnt need to advertise there games as much as they should sell themselves but this isnt an ideal world and nintendo do need to pull their finger out on the advertising front, i just wish they would advertise more then maybe most of the seemingly blind sony supporters would wake and realise that nintendos games are just as good as anything theyve played on their beloved ps/ps2 if not 10 times better, but untill nintendo do something about it then this slobbering consumerism of casual gamers will continue to rise.

as a loyal ninty supporter i hope they reallise there mistakes and do something about it as the games industry will never be the same again without them, and as the saying goes, you never know what youve really got untill its gone... i hope it doesnt come to that but i guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, your move nintendo, make it a dam good one...

slik 0-0
Fri 27/06/03 at 14:32
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
There is this:

http://www.nintendofusiontour.com/main.html

At least it's a start and a step in the right direction for the company.
Fri 27/06/03 at 14:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
gerrid wrote:
> Like telling everyone here things they already know?
---

Calm down sonny, nobody's dissing your precious tardcube
Fri 27/06/03 at 14:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's true about Sony advertising and sponsorship of "hip and happening" events, they have done for a number of years. The question is, can Nintendo do anything about it? Will they even try?

There's no doubt that Nintendo do lag behind with the customer relations/advertising department, you only have to look at the Playstation Experience. OK, so last years one may have been overly loud, filled with Z-list "celebs" and frequented mainly by nerds, but it is a great showcase for Sony in the UK, something Nintendo don't have. Nintendo would claim (like with the last few years of the cancelled Japanese Spaceworld events) that they are happy to spend the money on game development instead of a big game show, but they need to host events like the Playstation Experience to get themsleves and their products noticed.
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Like telling everyone here things they already know?
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I said by advertising in Nintendo magazines, it achieves nothing.
Preaching to the converted.
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:49
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What was that about preaching to the converted?
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:44
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
See, this is the sort of advertising/promotion Nintendo need to be doing if they want to shake off the "kiddy" tag and get sales going.
Print ads in genre-specific mags dont do anything, preaching to the converted.

It's getting your brand into the collective awareness and associating yourself with your target market.
Sony are damned good at that, getting David Lynch to do adverts, promoting UK Freestyle MC Battles etc, bolting your product onto the current zeitgeist and being cool by association.
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:40
Regular
http://www.gamingcubed.com/news/sponsorship.html
Fri 27/06/03 at 13:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
YOU'RE JOKING!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.