GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Sony are number 1"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/06/03 at 13:18
Regular
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/primal/news_6030684.html

Sony to sponsor Ozzfest 2003.
It's things like this, and sponsoring skate tournaments and various other Gen X events that promote the brand, encourage sales and increase loyalty.
Capturing the market with disposable income and a love for video games.

And, this isn't a knock on Nintendo, but that's why Nintendo are forever stuck as "kiddy" and lack the sorts of sales in Europe that Sony do. Because they dont market themselves very well.
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Goatboy wrote:
> It was your facetious "like telling everyone here"
> comment.
> Defensive because I was suggesting Nintendo's marketing strategy
> appears to be the main factor in sales lagging in Europe.

Everyone knows Nintendo are rubbish at marketing.
If you hadn't said anything about preaching to the converted, I wouldn't have pointed out that that's what you were doing.
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:17
Regular
"8==="
Also I like the damn cube, I own the damn cube but I had a discussion about it's image without going 'ooh sony sux'.
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You want to discuss marketing?
I'm happy to sit here all day and go into it

*rolls sleeves up*
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:16
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
>
> And it went from a marketing strategy discussion into "i fink it
> looks purple and like a toy".

Marketing involves image right? I'll let you solve the riddle.
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It was your facetious "like telling everyone here" comment.
Defensive because I was suggesting Nintendo's marketing strategy appears to be the main factor in sales lagging in Europe.

I was going to try and encourage discussion about marketing techniques, which it started out as with links to Nintendo sponsoring events.
And "Why Sony are number 1" isn't trying to start a war, it's a title indicative of the direction the initial post will take.
Saying "Nintendo sucks balls hahaha" would suggest a flame-war, but by stating Sony's dominance in the marketplace is simply laying out my stall.

And it went from a marketing strategy discussion into "i fink it looks purple and like a toy".
Which is fine, I should've known better really but hey, more fool me for trying to start a discussion in chat eh?
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Goatboy wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> Like telling everyone here things they already know?
> ---
>
> Calm down sonny, nobody's dissing your precious tardcube

I would actually like to know what you're talking about.
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:03
Regular
Heh

I think Goatboy must be reading another page, I can't see anyone screaming or teling him he's wrong.

Very strange indeed.
Fri 27/06/03 at 16:01
Regular
"8==="
Nintendo Vs Sony is simply what it's all the marketing's about, putting aside the xbox for a moment.

It's about getting more publicity that another rival.

So Nintendo Vs Sony makes a lot of sense here.

With respect the post might've been about Nintendo's marketing but you titled the post 'Why Sony are number 1'. So what did you expect was going to happen?

You set it up as a Sony Vs Nintendo thread. You just limited it to marketing.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Slowly this time:

The first part of my post was to you.
The rest was to the thread.
The. Thread.
Fri 27/06/03 at 15:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I think it's a fair comment. Nintendo don't have the best marketing campaign.

But they do let their games do the talking rather than blanket promotions. Anyone remember the promotion of Primal? Christ! It was in nearly every magazine I read! FHM, Hotdog, even in the cinema. I wouldn't have minded much if it was a good game...but it wasn't. It was rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.