GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo lineup for 2004 (looking very poor)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 15:45
Regular
Ive just been looking at the release charts and so far there isnt really anything extravagant to look forward to on the cube for next year. The only things that have a little sparkle are f zero and soul calibur but even these arnt blockbusters.

The new mario game looks patheic and to be honest after the last one i am really dam sick of mario now. Mario kart looks like a laugh but at the end of the day thats all it is! a laugh a p*ss around for when people come round ya house. it aint got outstanding gameplay or a gripping story line!

All the games on the release charts just look bland and repetetive. I can clearly say that weve seen it all before just without the slightly enhanced graphics.

The only thing i can safely say that i trust will be good is rogue leader 3 and still that looks a little repetetive and the third person levels dont look up too much!
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:18
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
>Rez

DC game, ports don't count.
Sat 19/07/03 at 21:08
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Proud PS2 games: GTA3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Ico and really that's about
> it.

Ahem. You forget the fantastic Jak & Daxter, Rez and Pro Evolution Soccer 2.
Sat 19/07/03 at 16:18
Regular
Do you know why Ninty has a poor lineup for 2004 and 2005? BECAUSE MOST OF THE GAMES COMING OUT THEN HAVEN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED!! Have you seen what's scheduled for 2010? Nothing. That shows you rubbish Nintendo are now. You idiots.
Sat 19/07/03 at 16:15
Regular
I'm sick of these jealous XBox and PS2 owners slagging off the Cube, saying it has no good exclusives. It has more good exclusives than any other console. Zelda, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Star Fox, Resident Evil 1 and Zero, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Mario Party 4, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, Smash Brothers, Star Wars, Luigi's Mansion, Sonic, the list goes on. The only decent exclusives I can think of on the XBox are Halo (soon coming to PC), Jet Set Radio Future, and, uh, not much else. The PS2 has Pro Evolution Soccer 1 and 2 (best sports game ever), Devil May Cry 1 and 2, The Getaway and the EyeToy. All of the PS2's top games are available on other consoles.
And regarding games coming out for the Cube, there are loads! Mario Kart, Mario 128, Pikmin 2, Rogue Squadron 3, Final Fantasy: CC, 1080 avalanche, F-Zero, Metroid Prime 2, Mario tennis, mario golf, mario party 5, Metroid Prime 2, Geist, Star Fox 2 and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. You have to keep in mind that all of these are exclusives, and I don't think that the PS2 or XBox combined can offer than many good exclusives in the future.
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:46
Regular
Dringo wrote:

>
> Proud X-box games: Panza dragon (sorta), Halo, Project Gotham and Jet
> Set Radio Future. AT LEAST.
>

>Panza dragon, Jet Set Radio Future

Way to pick some bad examples.
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:35
Regular
Bite your head off? You are the one talking out of your ass. How can you make a judgement like that when you openly admit that you don't really know jack about the Xbox? The likes of Jet Set Radio, Amped, Oddworld, Mech Assault, Shenmue 2X, Buffy, RalliSport, Morrowind etc that you failed to mention only adds to your ignorance.
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:18
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
calm down alastair! Its just an opinion no need to lash out. anyone that gets that frustrated at someone elses opinion really needs to loosen up.

I dont own an xbox, I dont read xbox magazines and i rarely even read posts in the microsoft forum, so the ownly games i know are good are the ones ive played. these are house of the dead (good but too short), project gotham racing ( not really into driving games so didnt enjoy anyway), splinter cell (too enclsoed and i felt that the levels were a little repetetive) the thing ( was pretty boring) and sega gt. I have also played timesplitters, fifa, die hard, medla of honour and enter the matrix which are on both gc and xbox. of all the games taht i have played for the console i found that halo was the only one which i felt was good.

dont bite my head off! its just an opinion. I hear brute force is supoe to be ok though...
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:00
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Dringo wrote:
> Proud PS2 games: GTA3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Ico and really that's about
> it.

Oi Oi! You forget Rez and R & C!

That is all :D
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:00
Regular
Who seems to think that Rare produce games when in fact they develop games. It must be the area he lives in though because his only mate has one game for a console with a decent collection of titles.
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:59
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> That because you are a tw@t and you no jack sheet about consoles.

You talking to me or Pringle?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.