GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo lineup for 2004 (looking very poor)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/07/03 at 15:45
Regular
Ive just been looking at the release charts and so far there isnt really anything extravagant to look forward to on the cube for next year. The only things that have a little sparkle are f zero and soul calibur but even these arnt blockbusters.

The new mario game looks patheic and to be honest after the last one i am really dam sick of mario now. Mario kart looks like a laugh but at the end of the day thats all it is! a laugh a p*ss around for when people come round ya house. it aint got outstanding gameplay or a gripping story line!

All the games on the release charts just look bland and repetetive. I can clearly say that weve seen it all before just without the slightly enhanced graphics.

The only thing i can safely say that i trust will be good is rogue leader 3 and still that looks a little repetetive and the third person levels dont look up too much!
Tue 22/07/03 at 23:48
Regular
Pringle - I agree with some points, though disagree with others:

Agree:

• mario sunshine and luigis mansion are just variations on a theme
• Mario Party 4 is hardly a groundbreaking experience
• GameCube needs more games like Eternal Darkness, Zelda and Metroid Prime

Disagree:

• the countless amounts of rubbish 3d platformers that disgrace the consoles name are growing out of control!
• What the GameCube needs is more originality and uniqueness
•It is now clear that the gamecube can not go on living off the back of poor ps2 ports and multi format movie tie ins.
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:06
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Pringle28 wrote:
> It is a solid fact that gta3 and gta vice city are the ps2s biggest
> selling points. I have only got a PC and a gamecube but when i watched
> my mate playing gta3 on his ps2 i rushed out and bought it for the pc.
> It didnt work so i was actually considering saving up for a ps2 just
> to play it! there is no doubt that both games are some of the best
> ever made and I wouldnt hesitate to say that it has played a
> substantial role in the success of the ps2.

"there is no doubt that both games are some of the best ever made"

I'd STRONGLY DISAGREE with that statement. You've openly said you've only ever played it on a friends PS2, so how you can make a comment like that is beyond me. You don't know how repetitive it becomes after solid play, and how boring some of the missions are.

The games are decent, but far from groundbreaking, and certainly not 'some of the best ever made'.

Remember the only reason they sell so well on PS2 is because 'u get carz n shoot wiv gunz'.
Tue 22/07/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
damm it! Just found out that true crime is to be released on all consoles! looks like gamecube will have to search for another groundbreaking exclusive! I can tsee pno3 or the next resi to make things any more lively so maybe nintendo are gonna focus on Final fantasy. that could make for a good exclusive.
Tue 22/07/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Well im gald that edgy agrees with most of my comments.

It is a solid fact that gta3 and gta vice city are the ps2s biggest selling points. I have only got a PC and a gamecube but when i watched my mate playing gta3 on his ps2 i rushed out and bought it for the pc. It didnt work so i was actually considering saving up for a ps2 just to play it! there is no doubt that both games are some of the best ever made and I wouldnt hesitate to say that it has played a substantial role in the success of the ps2.

I am also quite confident in saying that at present gamecube dose not have such a seller to boost its popularity. I am strongly hoping that true crime: streets of L.A will be a masterpeice worth buying and will make every ps2 owner want to buy a gamecube much like many gamecube owners predicament during the birth of the next generation gta series.
Tue 22/07/03 at 17:39
Regular
Jak & Daxter?
Tue 22/07/03 at 03:00
Regular
Mav I have already 100% GTA 3 when I had my PS2 before. Won't be buying again I don't think. As for Deus EX I have the GOTY edition for the PC which from all accounts is a much better version than the PS2 game in every department.

I will stick to pure PS2 exclusives as I have done with my Cube.
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:37
Regular
Who said I was counting Halo for Xbox?
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:29
Regular
Lugwig wrote:

Can someone tell me why people buy Tomb Raider? Please.
Titss and ass you mong.
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:26
Regular
Agreed.

But if you're to have Halo for Xbox, then you might as well grant Deus Ex to PS2.
Mon 21/07/03 at 23:17
Regular
Exclusives you mong.

Dues Ex does not count.

Besides, this thread was about what's coming the future. Off the top of my head I can think of no PS2 games whatsoever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.