GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 2007 Formula 1 season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/03/07 at 04:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I want somewhere to stick my thoughts on the Formula 1 season as it progresses so I'm going to do that here. Feel free to join me if you want.
Page:
Tue 12/06/07 at 14:27
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Wasn't it a beaver?
Tue 12/06/07 at 14:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Formula1.com (the official F1 website) has stated groundhog so I'm going to go with them. :)
Sat 16/06/07 at 20:24
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Alonso dominated the weekend only for Hamilton to take pole position. Alonso rarely has any joy around Indy but this is one of his better starting positions at Indy.

I think BMW could upset Ferrari. I don't think there is much between them at all and I think the BMW is better on the tyres than the Ferrari.

The Red Bulls could be doing some overtaking. They have dominated the speed traps because they felt it is the only way they can get quick times. They'll pay a bit in the middle maybe because of the downforce loss.

The midfield is a very interesting area as it is very bunched and there could be a number of good scraps for the lower points positions.
Sun 17/06/07 at 15:55
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I concur, Heidfeld will probably get another podium finish I think, hopefully Hamilton can pull out another win and continue his record-breaking start to the season :)
Sun 17/06/07 at 21:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Back to back wins for Hamilton and Alonso didn't look particularly happy. Raikkonen's poor start cost him quite dearly as he looked pretty good pace wise, even against the McLarens.

Heidfeld didn't do too well today and it looks like a hydraulic problem finished him off. Kovalainen was steady. Trulli and Webber were close to each other for most of the race.

Rosberg played his strategy perfectly and should have had 6th but that engine blow up with 4 to go was cruel.

Liuzzi was annoying a lot of drivers today. His car was at least a second off the pace but one of the best down the straights, so no one could take him. He was on a one stop and ruined a lot of drivers races. Fisichella was one of them, after his spin.

I'm probably going to testing at Silverstone on Wednesday, so hopefully the weather will be kind.
Sun 17/06/07 at 21:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heidfeld was great

*alright Nick, just bring it back into the pits...ermm Nick?*
yea just a minute mate, i've got to finish off my fruit corner and top up my tan
Wed 20/06/07 at 19:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I spent the day at Silverstone today and had a look at the cars. The Honda and Super Aguri's are not there as they have secret things going on at Jerez.

The times were about 3 seconds slower than last year, probably down to the control tyre that Bridgestone has given the teams. They were only releasing one car from each of the 9 teams, probably because it was a testing day and the lack of marshals to deal with potentially 18 cars.

Mark Webber's Red Bull was not working well today. Twice it broke down with hydraulic problems. They was a bit of a shower at 3:30pm but it cause too much delay.

No Lewis Hamilton as he has been given the week off for the Goodwood festival of speed.

The BMW is probably the loudest engine and the Renault is very torquey. The Red Bull was surprisingly not using a lot of traction control at all and the Ferrari engine sounded a little flat. The V10's when they were around were screamers.
Fri 29/06/07 at 14:38
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, that was an interesting couple of practise sessions in France. The big surprise was obviously Toro Rosso getting the 3rd and 5th fastest times. They were running really well at Silverstone in testing, so it would seem that they have unlocked the mysteries inside that car.

Ferrari seem to have the upper hand ahead of McLaren and if McLaren's current pace is to be believed, they aren't certain of being on the 2nd row.

I would say all the teams, with the exception of Spyker (but they are putting all their hopes on next years car I believe), have the potential to get within a second of the lead car and that is something you very rarely see.

France, to me, has never really been a track where times have been very close. There are a lot of fast flowing corners which indicates that a lot of cars are working well.

Saturday is the better indicator but this was certainly an interesting Friday.
Sat 30/06/07 at 14:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It definitely seems that Ferrari have caught up but I still think that McLaren have an advantage. I think Hamilton is running a lap or 2 longer than Massa and that should work to his advantage. The gap between Hamilton and Raikkonen is the one to look at.

There isn't much of a penalty to do a pit stop round Magny-Cours so if an engine change is needed for Alonso, I don't think they'll fill him up with fuel. They'll want him to do some overtaking.

The midfield is more bunched up than it's been all season and I don't think there is much between the BMW and the Super Aguri. Maybe half a second round this track. It might stretch to a second on some others.

Saying that, I think the BMW has a small advantage over the chasing midfield pack. Heidfeld's position on the grid is probably a slight protection of his back problem. Just a bit more fuel and let him circulate.

Should be a good race, especially with some points available to the midfield car that hooks it up. If Massa stays ahead of Hamilton, it could be quite close.
Sun 01/07/07 at 14:55
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, that was a poor race for McLaren. Alonso was aggressive but too many errors, poorly timed pit stops and being on the wrong tyres at the end left him down in 7th. Hamilton was stuck on a 3 stop strategy that was never going to work, especially when he lost 2nd off the line to Raikkonen.

Massa didn't do a lot wrong but he was the one with less fuel so he had to be further ahead. Raikkonen kept up and overtook him in the pit stops because of the extra laps before his stop.

BMW were consistent and I thought Heidfeld did a good job with questions about his back. Kubica's comeback after the crash in Canada was very good.

The Honda seems a bit better now. Not so good in qualifying but much better in the race. Barrichello not so much as he was holding up Red Bulls for most of the race.

Albers was a bit silly to leave with the fuel hose attached.

The British Grand Prix should be pretty close as a lot of the teams know the track extremely well.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.