GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Home or Out?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/07 at 11:48
"possibly impossible"
Some people in our office think its strange that I don't go out to the pub at least once a week, or go 'clubbing' at all.

If asked, I'd say I much prefer a night in with a good film or some friends around than to go to a noisy nightclub. I don't mind pubs, but I prefer them during the day, going out with friends for lunch and being able to actually hold a conversation, rather than having to shout over some live band or piped through music and then have to do some sort of acrobatic dance just to get to the bar and get served.

Maybe it's me getting old (don't hand me that pipe and slippers just yet), but I don't really see the attraction in spending my nights out at pubs and clubs.

Does anyone else feel the same, or the exact opposite? How do you like to spend your evenings?
Fri 16/03/07 at 15:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Unsurprisingly, I don't like going to pubs and clubs.
Fri 16/03/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I forgot it was Red Nose Day today. I'm definitely going out tonight now.
Fri 16/03/07 at 15:16
Regular
"8==="
I like to listen to music I like and not be surrounded by complete tossas. :D
Fri 16/03/07 at 14:36
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I love pubbing and clubbing, I just don’t get to do it all that often. However, when I do go out I make the most of it. This Saturday night will be one of those once in a blue moon nights.

Still i dont say no to the quiet nights in with friends.
Fri 16/03/07 at 14:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
hippyman wrote:

> I haven't had a beer in over two weeks!

Sir you are a disgrace to the male population :D

When I think back to my Uni days even I shudder at how much I used to go out and drink.

We used to do a Thursday night session, Friday we finished at 12ish and would go straight to the student union bar before heading off into town for the afternoon / night, Saturday I worked 12-8 then straight off into town and Sunday we would be out as well.

Nowadays I still go out at weekends but rarely go clubbing, in fact the last time was August bank holiday 2005 when I was in Blackpool and went to the Syndicate until about 2am.

When I am out at night we tend to stick to the bars where we can talk instead of having our eardrums blasted out by the music and usually catch the 11pm bus home so although I still go out it's usually from 8 - 11 now.

Friday I rarely go out as I'm too knackered from working all week, 3 pints on a Friday night and I'm wrecked!
Fri 16/03/07 at 13:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've grown more club friendly recently. But only if I'm with decent friends.
Fri 16/03/07 at 13:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hate clubbing and not a huge fan of pubs either as i always tend to come back from them having lost my voice. I'd much rather have a night at home with friends.
Fri 16/03/07 at 13:15
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
well, I'll probably be in again this weekend - it's amazing, usually went out every weekend and for the last fortnight/three weeks I've been at home.

I haven't had a beer in over two weeks! It's a nightmare - I've begun to start using that money on rubbish books and improving my room...

*runs off to Iceland to by some cheap beer...*
Fri 16/03/07 at 12:16
Regular
Yeah I absolutely hate clubbing and pubs, it just isn't my scene really, I'm not that kind of person. I'm exactly the same as you, as in I prefer hanging out with small groups of people I'm really close to and watching movies and having a few drinks and just feeling really comfortable, as opposed to sitting in a room full of lager louts, shouting into people's ears and pretending like I'm interested in football and beer. I'm quite a confident person but I used to be quite shy and I think I'm naturally quite an introverted person, which explains my joy in solitude and deeper conversations.

It's best not to worry about it too much. It would be awful to put yourself through all this stuff you don't enjoy just because it's the "normal" thing to do. Going to the pub a few times a week would be my idea of hell as I slowly kill off my brain cells with alcohol and small talk but with that in mind, going rarely does actually make me savour and enjoy it on occasions i do.

But all in all, you should just do whatever makes you happy and comfotable.
Fri 16/03/07 at 11:48
"possibly impossible"
Some people in our office think its strange that I don't go out to the pub at least once a week, or go 'clubbing' at all.

If asked, I'd say I much prefer a night in with a good film or some friends around than to go to a noisy nightclub. I don't mind pubs, but I prefer them during the day, going out with friends for lunch and being able to actually hold a conversation, rather than having to shout over some live band or piped through music and then have to do some sort of acrobatic dance just to get to the bar and get served.

Maybe it's me getting old (don't hand me that pipe and slippers just yet), but I don't really see the attraction in spending my nights out at pubs and clubs.

Does anyone else feel the same, or the exact opposite? How do you like to spend your evenings?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.