GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Home or Out?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/07 at 11:48
"possibly impossible"
Some people in our office think its strange that I don't go out to the pub at least once a week, or go 'clubbing' at all.

If asked, I'd say I much prefer a night in with a good film or some friends around than to go to a noisy nightclub. I don't mind pubs, but I prefer them during the day, going out with friends for lunch and being able to actually hold a conversation, rather than having to shout over some live band or piped through music and then have to do some sort of acrobatic dance just to get to the bar and get served.

Maybe it's me getting old (don't hand me that pipe and slippers just yet), but I don't really see the attraction in spending my nights out at pubs and clubs.

Does anyone else feel the same, or the exact opposite? How do you like to spend your evenings?
Sat 17/03/07 at 22:33
Regular
"I'm bored! Make me"
I sit on the fence at this one, because i do like to stay at home but the occaisional drink out to make new friends is a good thing.
Sat 17/03/07 at 17:53
Regular
Have a crackin one Tim!
Sat 17/03/07 at 17:23
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Timmargh wrote:
> Home tonight, with some guests for my birthday party!

Heh ill have a few drinks for you tonight hun...

Happy Birfday for tuesday :P
Sat 17/03/07 at 17:20
Regular
"Twenty quid."
http://chat.freeola.com/General-Chat-2-chat/The-Birthday-Thread-My-birthday-is-604.html
Sat 17/03/07 at 17:19
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Timmargh wrote:
> Home tonight, with some guests for my birthday party!

That was as subtle as a brick to the skull. Happy birthday for Tuesday.
Sat 17/03/07 at 17:16
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Home tonight, with some guests for my birthday party!
Sat 17/03/07 at 16:28
Regular
Slow and steady wins the race ;)

As if I'm one to preach ... I'm a disgrace when I'm drunk :P
Sat 17/03/07 at 16:16
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Heh Borat... Pipe and Slippers...

Ill be thinking of you when im out getting plastered. I say that, thats if i make it out the front door :P i'll be going out at this rate to soba up heh.
Sat 17/03/07 at 15:10
Regular
pb wrote:

> Maybe it's me getting old (don't hand me that pipe and slippers
> just yet), but I don't really see the attraction in spending my
> nights out at pubs and clubs.

> Does anyone else feel the same, or the exact opposite? How do
> you like to spend your evenings?

Maybe it is you getting old, but I'm slowly getting the same. Nightclubs just don't seem to have the same appeal they used to for me, if I do go out I tend to stick to the quieter bars, where, like you say, I can hold a conversation properly with the people I'm with.

I also don't enjoy tinitus in the morning, I am aware I've given my ears a bashing over the years at gigs and nightclubs, I do have a high pitched whine when everything goes quiet, I don't see any point damaging my hearing further.

Very occasionally a good blow out, I do enjoy, but most of the time I, like you, much prefer a night in, a bottle of wine or a few beers, a DVD, TV or some music etc. Perhaps some online gaming.

Yeah I'm aware of how sad that sounds, but I think I've spent a lot of time in nightclubs, gigs, festivals .. over the years, so I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

That said, the summer sun tends to bring out the more party-going side of me, the weather at the moment is what keeps me indoors I think, once it all brightens up I'm sure I'll be going out more :)
Sat 17/03/07 at 14:33
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Alfonse wrote:
> Really? Many shops allow me to buy alcohol and other stuff.

I can get away with buying alcohol in one shop. Thats only becasue the woman in there has known me since i was... a lil one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.