GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Home or Out?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/03/07 at 11:48
"possibly impossible"
Some people in our office think its strange that I don't go out to the pub at least once a week, or go 'clubbing' at all.

If asked, I'd say I much prefer a night in with a good film or some friends around than to go to a noisy nightclub. I don't mind pubs, but I prefer them during the day, going out with friends for lunch and being able to actually hold a conversation, rather than having to shout over some live band or piped through music and then have to do some sort of acrobatic dance just to get to the bar and get served.

Maybe it's me getting old (don't hand me that pipe and slippers just yet), but I don't really see the attraction in spending my nights out at pubs and clubs.

Does anyone else feel the same, or the exact opposite? How do you like to spend your evenings?
Sat 17/03/07 at 13:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If i'm in Canada, America or China then the answer would be out, if i'm here in England then the answer for me is staying at home
Fri 16/03/07 at 22:13
Regular
Out.

Although I usually end up spending most Friday nights in; a night down the pub is pretty decent and is a once every couple of weeks occurrence. Don't have the money to keep it going constantly, and I don't really want to abuse my liver all that much just yet. heh.

I find standing around in town drinking on Friday nights pretty boring, myself, unless I'm with old mates I haven't met in a bit, and I'd be just as happy to have a few drinks and chill out round someone else's house.

In the summer I love being out when it gets onto evening, lazing down the beach, but that's more with a group of friends relaxing and having fun without needing to drink all the time ;c)

As for clubbing... I'm an alright dancer but for me listening to trance in a place far too crowded with sweating bodies, where the drinks are about five times too expensive isn't all that great.
Fri 16/03/07 at 21:57
Regular
lol
Fri 16/03/07 at 17:34
Regular
When I was in Berlin, I visited an underground club where blood rained down from the ceiling.
Fri 16/03/07 at 16:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Correct! Shame it's come to that but for quite a few places in nottingham if you don't want to be searched you ain't coming in.
Fri 16/03/07 at 16:02
Regular
"8==="
Anyway I'm sure the delay in Nottingham is caused by the bouncers having to use those little airport scanner things to check people for knives and guns. ;)
Fri 16/03/07 at 16:00
Regular
"8==="
Heh, we just go somewhere else. There's a nice place that's bottom floor doesn't have a bouncer, there's a bar and it plays MTV2/Kerrang which is not too bad.

There's also a place out of the way from everything which is the proper metal/decent electronic stuff place on the island and that's alright, we tend to get most of the night's drinks down us before going so we don't have to pay daft prices. :D
Fri 16/03/07 at 15:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hedfix wrote:

> and queing up for 20 minutes for the priviledge!

For some reason Nottingham seems to be really bad for getting into places, you usually have to wait a good 10 minutes where as in Derby it's pretty much straight in.
Fri 16/03/07 at 15:49
Regular
"8==="
Sometimes it is fun to go and generally take the mick out of the whole thing though:

Screaming in people's ears just to be heard over the music, getting a decent item of clothing burnt by some drunken tart's fag-end, being over-charged for the under-measured drinks, smelling the desperation, getting your feet trodden on by apes and queing up for 20 minutes for the priviledge!
Fri 16/03/07 at 15:33
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
I do. I much rather a quite film with a friend or even my brothers. And sometimes my brother's girlfriend will be there aswell. Great fun annoying him.:P

But, I would much rather go to the cinema than watch a movie at home, and I would much rather drink in a pub then buy it and bring it home. And I obviously don't mean alcohol.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.