GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA - formmail script changes!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/07 at 19:42
Regular
On your status page you have just added:

"Resolving PHP/CGI email issues on the server.: We are in the process of correcting a minor misconfiguration on the web servers which allowed mail to be sent without correctly specifying who the mail was sent from. If you are currently making use of a Formmail script or PHP email, please make sure that any emails your script tries to send are configured to be sent as coming from a Freeola Hosted email address."

Can Freeola say if this means you now MUST use the 'from' field in your forms?

The Freeola help pages say:

"From:You can also set the from field; this will be reflected in the "From:" field in your mail client, i.e. the sender of the email. So if you have more than one form you can easily see which is which.
"

I don't use this field - but if it is now to become mandatory then can you say how much notice you are giving before the changes take affect?

The formmail issues have been going on for quite a while so I hope if this field is now mandatory you don't suddenly introduce it without proper notice!

Thanks in advance from a slightly worried user!
Tue 20/03/07 at 18:09
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Nope, the only change I'm aware of was to the Freeola Form To Mail script file. It should not affect other methods.

Have you tried a test this evening? If you're still having problems do you want to post us a code snippet to look at, our submit it via an e-mail Support request? I'll get one of the Systems team to look at it for you if that might help.
Tue 20/03/07 at 18:05
Regular
loki,
have any changes been made today that could effect a third party script? Only I have one that was working at 9am this morning but no emails have been received since, and I can see it's been used a few times?! (also a server 2 site)

Thanks.
Tue 20/03/07 at 17:50
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Thanks for letting us know. This will be corrected momentarily, no need for a ticket on this occassion.

I'm hoping that today will see the final glitches ironed out of the system. Sorry.
Tue 20/03/07 at 17:48
Regular
GWD wrote:
> I'm getting one of my headaches!
>
> On a site that was working earlier (server 2), using the Freeola
> script - and I haven't made any changes to it in the mean time.
> I'm now getting this error:
>
> "k
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent
> by (output started at
> /usr/local/www/data/freeola/form_to_mail.php:1) in
> /usr/local/www/data/freeola/form_to_mail.php on line 112"
>
> A site on a different server seems to work?!?
> Any ideas???

Changing the code to refer to form_to_mail.php on another server (6) doesn't create the error!

loki (or any other Freeola person) please let me know if you want a separate ticket raised for this or if you are happy to use this thread.
Tue 20/03/07 at 17:24
Regular
I'm getting one of my headaches!

On a site that was working earlier (server 2), using the Freeola script - and I haven't made any changes to it in the mean time. I'm now getting this error:

"k
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/www/data/freeola/form_to_mail.php:1) in /usr/local/www/data/freeola/form_to_mail.php on line 112"

A site on a different server seems to work?!?
Any ideas???
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:54
Regular
"Gravity always wins"
Hi GWD

Thanks for that.

Have just spotted a couple of "" missing from on my form. I must have deleted them somehow. My stupidity knows no bounds!

I see Dan777 has started a new thread. Shame I thought this one would give the "world's longest thread record attempt" in General Chat a run for its money!
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:47
Regular
hi guys i have all my forms working now using the freeola supplied code with all my extra fields working to the only drawback i can see is that they have messed up the reply function a working form can be found here

www.jakedesigns.net/contact.html

you can look at the code by right clicking hope this will help some of you

emails are taking about 30 mins at the moment to get through the system

kev
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:42
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
ByteMe, if you want you code checked over, please send an enquiry e-mail using our Support system including that code and please mark it for the attention of the Systems Manager. I will get him to have a look over your code. I cannot guarantee we will be able to help with all third-party or modified scripts, but we will try to help where we can.

Everyone else, we are aware of a current problem with the mail server running slow due to issues with our antivirus software on the server. This has been affecting all e-mail over the last couple of hours. Engineers are looking into the problem, I'll let you know when it's resolved.
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:26
Regular
Hi Dan,
Details on BFormmail (and the script itself) can be found here:
http://www.infosheet.com/iScripts.html

You'll still have to factor in Freeola's recent changes though I'm afraid.

You have to add the -f emailaddress in the $mailprog statement.

I can't commit to a proper step-by-step guide I'm afraid - as I'm having enough problems at my end!!! But if you follow the comments in the script you should be ok - it worked for me.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll try to help.
Tue 20/03/07 at 16:02
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
GWD,

Any chance of a tutorial on how to do the text file log and which type of form to mail are you using.

as you said at least you can get most of the info via the text system.

Thanks. Dan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.