GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREEOLA - formmail script changes!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/03/07 at 19:42
Regular
On your status page you have just added:

"Resolving PHP/CGI email issues on the server.: We are in the process of correcting a minor misconfiguration on the web servers which allowed mail to be sent without correctly specifying who the mail was sent from. If you are currently making use of a Formmail script or PHP email, please make sure that any emails your script tries to send are configured to be sent as coming from a Freeola Hosted email address."

Can Freeola say if this means you now MUST use the 'from' field in your forms?

The Freeola help pages say:

"From:You can also set the from field; this will be reflected in the "From:" field in your mail client, i.e. the sender of the email. So if you have more than one form you can easily see which is which.
"

I don't use this field - but if it is now to become mandatory then can you say how much notice you are giving before the changes take affect?

The formmail issues have been going on for quite a while so I hope if this field is now mandatory you don't suddenly introduce it without proper notice!

Thanks in advance from a slightly worried user!
Wed 21/03/07 at 13:51
Regular
loki wrote:
> GWD, it's safe to assume that the [email protected] address you
> are using is actually an address that is hosted on your
> MyFreeola account?

Yes.
Wed 21/03/07 at 13:44
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
GWD, it's safe to assume that the [email protected] address you are using is actually an address that is hosted on your MyFreeola account?
Wed 21/03/07 at 13:18
Regular
Hi loki,
I thought I would start a test from scratch today as I'm starting to lose the plot!

Using your sample code I created this test page, changing the minimum to see if it works (mysite.co.uk is one of my client's sites in the live form!). I submitted a message around 11.20, nothing's arrive yet.
NB. I've had to add "[space] " to get it to post.

[CODE]

Example Form

Name:

E-mail: