GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Except its all opinion as to whether Halo/KOTR etc are better than Skies or TS2 etc.

I'm not saying they are not (maybe Halo, because it annoys me so) but it doesn't really matter, as we'll never change.

Just drop it and play games and listen to music and go out and have fun. Don't worry about rival consoles.

There.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:44
Regular
I couldn't care I own all 3 consoles. I love Skies but KOTOR is a step better which is what you do expect (although very rarely happens). No hype surrounding it and it turns out to be the game of the year so far for me. It really is THAT good.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'd like to play it sometime.

Oo, I played SCII, F-Zero, Viewtiful Joe and RL2 on a Cube in a shop today.

First three are great (seriously, brilliant is more the word), but Rebel Strike was an on foot section, and a bit odd. I think it would be good, but it was just so different.....
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:28
Regular
I went into Gamestation this morning and picked up Coln McRae 4. Watched the assistant play Soul Calibur 2 for a bit and got bored. I hated the demo in a big way, couldn't stand it.
Thu 25/09/03 at 11:48
Regular
LOL! You went into Gamestation!

Thu 25/09/03 at 12:07
Regular
"8==="
Beat 'em ups don't do it for me at all. I prefer RAW and No mercy - there's more ways to defeat someone and there's less 'button bashing' involved.

I did buy SSBM but even that is currently gathering dust despite it's many modes.
Thu 25/09/03 at 15:51
Regular
My local Gamestation is okay and the guy who works there knows quite a bit about consoles and doesn't have an opinion about which is the best and all that shiznitz. Its better than the awful GAME and local trade in store anyway and I didn't want to wait for it over the net.
Thu 25/09/03 at 16:08
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> My local Gamestation is okay and the guy who works there knows quite a
> bit about consoles and doesn't have an opinion about which is the
> best and all that shiznitz.

Gamestation are a shoddy business ran by morons.

How do I know?

I've worked for them.

I mean - who puts a non-lockable door to the shop window where stock displayed is 'live' allowing people to just open the door, grab a Playstation 2 or GameCube, and just walk out of the shop as if nothing has happened?

You'd have to be a moron to do that! And that's just what Gamestation did, losing 2 consoles within a short space of time.
Thu 25/09/03 at 16:09
Regular
My wording was bad there - what I meant was that the door, which wasn't lockable until after the incedents, was on the customer side of the till.
Thu 25/09/03 at 16:29
Regular
Thats one shop in a massive chain...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.