GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Mon 22/09/03 at 23:43
Regular
Nintendo are far more clever than you think... about why they do the things they do...

Afterall yes in Europe and America Nintendo are pig headed and stubbon and are losing western third party support fast.

In Japan Nintendo are cunning, clever, manipulative and have all Eastern major (and many non-major) third party developers developing exclusive games for them. From exclusive Resident Evil to Exclusive Final Fantasy to exclusive Metal Gear Solid... over to Exclusive Tales of Symphonia including Exclusive Sonic games...

not to mention the genius way if selling the cube and GBA player together... this increases Nintendo's software sales by bundeling a cheaper method of producing a Gameboy with the Cube... mainly only effects the japanese though. Plus all the special edition Gamecube's, clever price cuts etc... oh and the fact that Nintendo release a game the whole of Japan knows it and the game shoots to number 1.

Why the hell Nintendo can't do that hear I don't know.
Tue 23/09/03 at 18:58
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I don't care how crap Ninty seem to be getting, I'll stick by them all the way.

They might only have few amount of quality games, but those games are much better than the PS2 and X-Box.
Tue 23/09/03 at 18:59
Regular
The games are better than the consoles? That statement is nearly as retarded as you obviously are.
Tue 23/09/03 at 19:13
Regular
"Baros!!!"
What the hell's your problem, I'm no retard you... forget it your not worth it, it's only a chat forum.

That was meant to be PS2 games and X-Box games.
Tue 23/09/03 at 22:01
Regular
You are s**till talking out of your anus with generalisation bull sh*t. You can't group a few games together and say they are better than ALL of the Xbox and PS2 games without sounding like a complete dong. Especially when you probably don't even play an Xbox or PS2 on a regular basis.
Tue 23/09/03 at 22:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And it matters where?
Tue 23/09/03 at 22:11
Regular
Where I want it to.
Tue 23/09/03 at 22:41
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You are s**till talking out of your anus with generalisation bull sh*t.
> You can't group a few games together and say they are better than ALL
> of the Xbox and PS2 games without sounding like a complete dong.
> Especially when you probably don't even play an Xbox or PS2 on a
> regular basis.

But he's right.
Tue 23/09/03 at 23:47
Regular
Halo is better than any FPS on the Cube. Star Wars of Knights of the Old Republic surpasses Skies of Arcadia. Project Gotham Racing is better than any Cube racer. GTA is something very unique in the sense that up to press only PS2 owners and recently PC gamers have been able to get hold of.

Yes the Cube does have more top exclusives than the PS2 and Xbox as it stands. However it was a comment worthy of laughter when he said the Cube had "better" games. Thats a lie. It just has more of the top exclusives.

Anyone who has played KOTOR recently will understand who funning awesome it really is. By far the GOTY so far for me.
Wed 24/09/03 at 00:09
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think Foreman was trying to say that the high end quality Qube games are generally better than the equivalent quality games on the other consoles namely X-box and PS2 and in a good game - bad game ratio the GC wins hands down.

Any forthcoming argument referring to the amount of games the PS2 has in its catalogue compared to the GC is completely nul and void here... we are talking quality Vs crap ratio and percentage wise the GC wins this battle by a country mile and there can be no doubt of that.

Generally speaking the GC DOES have better games than the X-box and PS2 equivalents, thats not to say that both of the afore mentioned consoles dont have 'great' games, just fewer of them.

If thats what he was saying (and i think it was) then i 100% agree with him.

If we really want to get pedantic here we could discuss how severly inferior graphically the PS2 is compared to the GC... but thats just treading on already flattened grass that has long since been harvested, eaten and digested by 3 horses and a cow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.