GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Fri 26/09/03 at 19:21
Regular
Believe me they will be already onto it :)

The thing with the Getaway is the fact that Rockstar had naff all to do with it and Sony were trying to fight a company who keep producing the highly enjoyable GTA series year in and year out. Its a bold move to make with a game of this 'nature' as the "Snuff" filled/related gameplay (as described by OPS2) has already caused massive problems in America and when Americans start to complain about a games content you know its going to be bad. Killing people with plastic bags, screwdrivers etc is going to cause mayhem. On its own it would be Rockstar trying to make a quick buck with a sick idea. However combined with their intentional storyline structure and the comparisons to Splinter Cell and the Mark of Kri I am actually really looking forward to it.

The Running Man is a superb idea which no one has turned into a game yet. To set the record straight its going to be NOTHING like the GTA games. They have used a completely different engine with Splinter Cell style stealth movements and a supposedly "new and refreshing" combat system.

I'm not going to say how good its going to be as I have no idea. Its a game which could be a 1/10 or a 9.5/10. I am laening towards the latter as the more I read about it the more it intriques me to want to grab a copy. I am going to ignore the reviews etc and pre order the game as a blind purchase. I very very rarely do this however I am confident Manhunt will produce the goods. Rockstar and Rockstar only can manage to pull such a controversial game like this and on this occassion I am backing them all the way.
Fri 26/09/03 at 20:47
Regular
"  "
Indeed we can Alistair. That feels cool to say that... ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.