GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Wed 24/09/03 at 00:46
Regular
Xbox - Best FPS
Xbox - Best Racing
Xbox - Best RPG
PS2 - Best free roaming action game
PS2 - Best sports game
GC - Best Platform game/s
GC - Best survival horror

Nope your point still isn't clear.

As it stand yes the Cube has MORE top exclusives but that will change quickly over the coming months. Also the Xbox does not have a high ratio of good - crap games like the PS2 has. As it stands the GameCube has some awesome games but when it boils down to it a lot of the time I can find the best game in that genre on the PS2 and/or Xbox. Skies of Arcadia is a fantastic game yet the recently released KOTOR is a better game.
Wed 24/09/03 at 00:50
Regular
Of course all those best game things are completely my opinion but I highly doubt someone would disagree with some of the choices.
Wed 24/09/03 at 00:52
Regular
rabid wrote:
> If we really want to get pedantic here we could discuss how severly
> inferior graphically the PS2 is compared to the GC...

This is despite the fact that GT3, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2 amongst others look as good as 80% of Cube titles? Its all about what they do with the hardware that counts. Shenmue on the Dreamcast was graphicaly breath taking and remained that way long into the start of the PS2's life. Technically the PS2 had the advantages in most areas but this didn't stop the Dreamcast from having some graphically fantastic games.
Wed 24/09/03 at 01:39
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Strange you should say that cos i still play my DC and loved every single second of Shenmue... its still my favourite game to this day and overall graphically and gameplay wise it still hasnt been surpassed (in my opinion)

If only Sega would release Shenmue 3 as a final final DC game then i know for a fact it would shift more copies in a short space of time than any other game ever made... at least i think it would break numerous records, but sadly this is very unlikely to ever happen.

Soul Caliber on the DC still blows all beat-em-ups away, SC2 had better be something very special indeed or Sega are gonna look even more foolish for canning the DC than they already do :s

Long live the Dreamcast... it remains the most under-rated console ever created and probably always will.

Talking of SoA... did you ever play that on the DC? ive got it and it looks fantastic still... how that console was allowed to die i'll never know.
Wed 24/09/03 at 09:31
Regular
The Dreamcast was an amazing console. I still have mine with about 30 + games. I didn't get Skies on the Cast at the time but I have Legends on my GameCube. Graphically I wouldn't say it was anything special but its a damn fine RPG when it comes down to it. As many know my favourite game of all time is Shenmue, I have completed it 5 times and still enjoy playing it. The second definitley didn't have the same impact but was still a highly enjoyable game.

As for Soul Calibur, I have 2 copies (don't ask) and I can't stand it. Its an over rated version of the Tekken engine which was abliterated by Dead or Alive 3 on the Xbox.
Wed 24/09/03 at 10:13
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think the whole 'which beat-em-up is best' is pure personal preference tho... i remember alot of people going loopy over Streetfighter on the SNES but it just never did it for me. I do think that Soul Calibur is the diamond in the crown of the genre but i accept that someone else may feel the same way about say Tekken 3 for example.

Ive seen a few SoA for sale pre-owned on the Qube but cos ive got the DC version im a little reluctant to go and buy the GC vesion incase theres very little difference in the story etc, you are right tho when you say that graphically SoA hasnt moved far, it isnt the greatest looking game and i know this is only my opinion but the screenshots ive seen on the GC version dont look any more advanced than the DC version released quite some time ago.

Now i know gorgeous graphics are not everything but its still nice to have them whenever possible :)
Wed 24/09/03 at 18:36
Regular
"Baros!!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You are s**till talking out of your anus with generalisation bull sh*t.
> You can't group a few games together and say they are better than ALL
> of the Xbox and PS2 games without sounding like a complete dong.
> Especially when you probably don't even play an Xbox or PS2 on a
> regular basis.

What I'm trying to say is that I prefer to play on the bes**t Gamecube games, rather than play on the bes**t X-Box and PS2 games. I find the games more enjoyable to play on.

I mean does it really matter to you what opinion I have?

There is no right or wrong opinion.
Wed 24/09/03 at 18:38
Regular
It depends what game it is. The GameCube is void of a decent FPS or racing game which can not be found else where. Therefore I can't play this game on my Cube.
Wed 24/09/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Baros!!!"
It all depends on what types of games you like. For instance, I hate playing fighting games, but love playing on platform games.

Games like Zelda and Mario are all great games to play on, providing you don't rush through the game just to say you completed it.

If I was a big fan of racing games, then I'd get a PS2.
Wed 24/09/03 at 19:04
Regular
Racing games are kicking it on the Xbox. Project Gotham, RalliSport, Midtown Madness 3 + LIVE modes + PGR2, Rallisport 2 etc.

The Cube is unbeatable for platform games and the survival horror genre. But aside from that and the quality Nintendo games I rarely play it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.