GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You got to have respect..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
You got to have respect for a company which will not bow to 'style over content' tactics. Which relies on quality games over 'cookie cutter' crap and is so damn pig-headed that it's way is the right way that it actually deserves some kind of strange respect.

I just felt like saying that.
Thu 25/09/03 at 16:34
Regular
Its one of their largest shops in their so called massive chain.

The funny thing is, the member of staff who was there on both occasions just watched them do it. Sure, don't put your life at risk - they could have weapons after all.

Saying that, the manager there spent most of his time watching the CCTV - he should've done something.

I could go into more details as to why the chain as a whole is a load of shoite. But that would involve more serious matters.
Thu 25/09/03 at 16:56
Regular
Why bother going into more details? My local Gamestation is pretty decent.
Thu 25/09/03 at 18:17
Regular
Just saying, as a company, they're morons. Sure, the staff at your store may be great. But if those staff ever need the assistance of head office, or they have a manager like that of Cardiff store covering for their own manager, I certainly hope they don't suffer...
Thu 25/09/03 at 23:40
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It depends what game it is. The GameCube is void of a decent FPS or
> racing game which can not be found else where. Therefore I can't play
> this game on my Cube.

I disagree...

I believe Metroid Prime and Wave Race surpasses 99% of PS2 and X-box FPS/racing games.
Thu 25/09/03 at 23:43
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Why bother going into more details? My local Gamestation is pretty
> decent.

Gamestation sell cheap games...

But they pay awful, the managerial system is shoddily put together and it looks like a below par independant retailer...

How do I know? I made the mistake of working for them for a few months...

Hell.
Fri 26/09/03 at 01:57
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Dringo wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It depends what game it is. The GameCube is void of a decent FPS or
> racing game which can not be found else where. Therefore I can't
> play
> this game on my Cube.
>
> I disagree...
>
> I believe Metroid Prime and Wave Race surpasses 99% of PS2 and X-box
> FPS/racing games.

Not to mention F-Zero GX
Fri 26/09/03 at 09:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Hmmm, you're talking about racers - I can't stay out of this one. Wave race, come off it. F-Zero GX does rule supreme, but it is only marginally ahead of Burnout 2 in the thrill stakes. I think the sensation of speed is better in B2, and the one hit crashes add an extra level of excitement. And in terms of real racers, nothing will ever touch the Gran Turismo series. It elevated the whole genre lightyears ahead of the competition.

I can't comment on FPS titles, I only played Medal of Honor and that made me nauseous, so I won't play any more FPS games.
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:16
Regular
99% of races. Dringo thats because you haven't played 99% of Xbox games as you are currently stuck to your cube.

Oh and if we are classing Metroid Prime as a FPS then let me be the first to say its the worst FPS game I have ever played. Lock on system...pfft! Very useful from an adventure point of view but if you want to go down the FPS then feel free,

As for racers, try Colin McRae Rally 4, Project Gotham Racing, RalliSport Challenge and Sega GT 2002. I own Wave Race and yes its enjoyable but its got the depth of a kiddies paddling pool.
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:27
Regular
"8==="
I had Wave Race 64. It really didn't hold any water. :D
Fri 26/09/03 at 11:28
Regular
Heheh!

Nah I will stick up for Bluestorm as its a great game with some amazing water effects. Its not a racer in he pure sense though, or at least thats the impression I get from playing it.

Project Gotham Racing 2 + LIVE is going to be the step forward that console racing games have been looking for in a while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.