GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driver 3 amongst others canned on Cube...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 11:55
Regular
Taken from cube-europe.com

"Today at the SEGA event in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, we had a litte chat with Atari. Atari representatives were at the event because Atari distributes the SEGA titles in the Benelux. Unfortunately, Atari brought us some bad news.

Some of you may have already heard of these Cube cancellations. Today Atari confirmed the rumours...

Mission Impossible: Operation Surma, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and Driver 3 will not be released for the Nintendo GameCube.

Fortunately, Atari said we will probably see the sequel to Dragonball Z: Budokai on the Nintendo GameCube. And the following titles are also still on for a release on the GameCube: XGRA, The Powerpuff Girls, Beyblade, Dexter's Laboratory, Carmen San Diego, Kero Kero King, and Digimon Rumble Arena 2. "

So we loose the games that would have sold and we're left with kiddy crap like Dexters Laboratory and The Powerpuff girls.

WTF?

No wonder Cube gets labelled as a kiddy machine when developers treat it like this.
Sat 27/09/03 at 23:05
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Goodbye to what? The 70 million sales mark?

Reuters:

GAMING IN TROUBLE!

It is becoming frequently apparent the dire state the big three are suffering at the moment. Nintendo are suffering twice as hard as last time with the western world almost completley rejecting their console; Microsoft are having the same problem in the east whilst making a consistant loss year in year out whilst Sony is suffering most of all.

Sony have lost ground to Nintendo in Japan whilst in America (and to some extent Europe) Microsoft are nabbing every potential Playstation buyer who rises to the surface. Sony have lost over half their major third party exclusive titles, from the million selling Resident Evil to the current fan favourite Grand Theft Auto. Profit margins are narrowing, prices are falling and Sony are starting to face the prospect that in a few years their lead will be reduced to a hand full of consoles.

*Then they move into crap about Nintendo's inabilty to capture the Western world and how if Microsoft don't make any impact in Japan then the X-box franchise may never make a profit... and how a merger between the two will sort out both their problems*
Sat 27/09/03 at 22:50
Regular
Goodbye to what? The 70 million sales mark?
Sat 27/09/03 at 22:41
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Mwahahahahahaha
> And it's dropped to $99 in The States.
>
> *waves goodbye*

And The Gamecube hasn't dropped in price once since it's release whilst the PS2 has had 2 price drops...

*Waves Goodbye*
Sat 27/09/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
All developers are copying each other. They see that other develpoers are pulling out of launching games on cube so they think there must be something wrong. i picked up the new gamestation magazine today and you can see the amount of titles that are only going to be launched on os2 or xbox or they will be released on the cube in a couple of monthes time. why are people so worried about issueing their games to nintendo! The majority of the gamecube owning public definately would buy these games!
Fri 26/09/03 at 18:06
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Mwahahahahahaha
> And it's dropped to $99 in The States.
>
> *waves goodbye*

Seeing as all the consoles will be having similiar price drops around Xmas, I hardly think so.
Fri 26/09/03 at 16:20
Exactly why you should keep your soon to be student molesting face away from such things Goaty.
Fri 26/09/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hedfix wrote:
> Should shift a few cubes no?
--

No idea, I'm not a market analyst.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:52
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Ooh, Killer 7 is a FPS now.
>
> yay!

Bah.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:52
Regular
"8==="
Oh yes, F-Zero's aready out in the states. :S
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:51
Regular
"8==="
Just before two 'console selling' games are released:

F-Zero and Mario Kart.

Should shift a few cubes no?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.