GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homeworld II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Homeworld'.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:01
"Darkness, always"
Anyone getting this? I've had it on pre-order from Amazon for a while, and they shipped it this morning. The original game was outstanding, and the Cataclysm standalone was very enjoyable. The shots of this game look awesome, and from what I hear, much of the basic gameplay remains unchanged, which is good, because it rocked.

Comments?
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:24
Regular
no major mods for HW2 yet, as some mong at vivendi decided to compress the data, so most can't make sense of the jibberish even with a tool and the de-compressed files, and as the game is, you can't do much with it, until relic develop some modding tools.
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:22
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> For HW2 already?!!
>
> Sweet!

oh no, i thought you meant HW1 - for some readson, as i was going on about modding hw1. sorry.
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:21
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Explain to me guys.
>
> What is Homeworld 2?

Well, where do i start? It's a 3D RTS that isn't just a birds-eye-vie in 3D. no, definitely not. Set in space, it's a great oppurtunity to implement 360-degree action. the 'maps' are basically spheres of accessible space, where you can travel up, down, left, right, anywhere you want to go. you can go 'higher', 'lower' in space and so on. There are two races in the game. only two, you say? well both are incredibly different, whilst still a close match between them exists. The actual concept itself is very simple. collect Resources in the form of asteroids, but the strategy concept is so fine, balanced and excitably reassuring that you'd be hard-pressed to find a game that is as spontaneous, yet sensible. Basically, everything is picture perfect, with a perfect picture. Graphical detail can be pushed to indescribable levels if you have the power, but otherwise it is still superior.
For example, Bomber squadrons - although small, are essential and in logical thinking, enough of them can take on anything. just one type of ship from lots of others is not effective on it's own.

can't be bothered to type anymore - some one else carry on for me?
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
For HW2 already?!!

Sweet!
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:13
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Finished it now.
>
> I want a Star Wars mod or something like it.

there's loads out there. they are also absolutely perfect. can't remember where to get em though. seriously now, they really are fine pieces of work.
Sat 18/10/03 at 13:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A sweet space based RTS.

All fully 3-D, perfectly balanced and as beautiful as anything.
Sat 18/10/03 at 12:10
Regular
Explain to me guys.

What is Homeworld 2?
Sat 18/10/03 at 12:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Finished it now.

I want a Star Wars mod or something like it.
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:41
Regular
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> fuhgedaboudit!!!

when i say that i mean no problem - it can be done!
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:40
Regular
Modding made HW1 last WAY longer than it should. you would not believe the possiblities - but even so i was restricted just to coding, so i sat and fiddled with weapons. you can do ANYTHING with them. for example, you can increase the mass of a weapon's projectile, so you could make frigates go from perhaps just making it rock slightly, to doing triple flips from something as big or small as receiving fire from a scout!
Also, you could easily change the style of weapon. missiles on the mothership? ion cannons on the interceptor? fuhgedaboudit!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.