GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nintendo Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
"8==="
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2858

1. It's not April the 1st
2. I want one.
3. *warms up for something he is saying a lot at the moment*:

WAY TO CUT DOWN ON IMPORTS NINTENDO!

Gah!
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:44
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Sorry but Pokemon really isn't my thing :)

Golden Sun? FF tactics?

You are missing out on a lot of top quality games on the GBA...

And why isn't Pokemon your thing? Too kiddy?
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:44
Regular
I am 17 in a few weeks and although I condem the childish comments against the 'kiddy' image I do have my boundaries and Pokemon really does cross them in a big way :)
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:40
Regular
Sorry but Pokemon really isn't my thing :)
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:38
Regular
Ah but you miss out on Pokemon? This is where the GBA player rules supreme... it is a cheaper way of playing top GBA titles.

I mean a BIG GBA game is released in Japan.... GBA hardware sales rise and so does the Gamecube...

That is just brilliant... Nintendo are managing to sell 2 consoles with one piece of software and as the consumer now has both systems there is nothing stopping them buying the games for the systems... it increases ownership of both systems and therefore software sales.

And therefore Nintendo's profits.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:35
Regular
I have Splinter Cell on the Xbox and there are better alternatives which are yet to be ported to the GBA still available for the Snez.

From a sales point of view yes but I don't buy the ideas of it and never will. I generally don't like portable gaming. A bit sad to be honest as I can wait to play my games at home.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:33
Regular
Better graphics, different approach in game development, new innovative ideas, more space on carts, better leaps in sound quality. Different variety in games.

I can't play Advanced Wars, Pokemon Sapphire, Golden Sun, Splinter Cell, Ecks Vs. Sever on the SNES.

Oh and see it from a sales point of view.

GBA player costs next to nothing to make in comparison to an actual GBA. Nintendo still charge a bit for it... but also bundle it with the console.

Now the GBA player is cheaper to make than a game BUT the public still view the idea of 2 consoles in one as a better deal than a console and a game.

It also means that GBA hardware MAY fall but software prices will continue to rise.

And not that it matters Nintendo make more on the Player than the actual GBA anyway.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:23
Regular
Bigger screen + better controls + cheaper price.

I can't see the complications.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:22
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> £40 compared to a £10 price tag for a Snez on EBay.

That's a bit generalistic about the GBA. A year or two ago that would be true... but not now.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:20
Regular
£40 compared to a £10 price tag for a Snez on EBay.
Sat 27/09/03 at 23:55
Regular
As I've said a GBA player.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.