GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nintendo Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
"8==="
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2858

1. It's not April the 1st
2. I want one.
3. *warms up for something he is saying a lot at the moment*:

WAY TO CUT DOWN ON IMPORTS NINTENDO!

Gah!
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:52
Regular
NetStorm!
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:50
Regular
"8==="
cookie monster wrote:
> Sorry, but PAYING to play a game online via xbox live that you could
> play free using a PC is silly. You may get Cheaters (depends on the
> game), hackers (depends on the game), high pingers on fast severs (BT
> arent great at enabling ADSL you know), but at least its a free
> service.
>
> Ive plyead many online games which have been most pleasurable. And
> furthermore i havent had to shell out over the cost of the game to do
> it.

Heh. I'd can't wait to pay 40 quid to get on an even playing field. Not having an even playing field defeats the point of online gaming in my eyes. Free or not if it stops some little smeg from cheating/hacking/etc then it's worth it.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:48
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>the
> pile of crap that is X-box live

You make some good points and then sweep them away by saying something stupid like this. You're just as bad as Ali saying all PC online gaming sucks.

Both Xbox live and PC gaming have their good points.

If you can't see ANY good points to Xbox live then I'm afraid you're just a sad deluded fanboy.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:47
Regular
But Nintendo do still have a few tricks up their sleeve; Donkey Konga for one. While I'm not sure if the dance-mat craze will have fully passed by its release, it has to be said that it will no doubt be huge fun.

The fact that Namco aren't newcomers to peripheral-required arcade games could well make it a little beauty and if it's set up like a mini-version of Namco's arcade drum machine, perhaps with more drums, it doesn't have to stop there. If it's made cheap enough, and well enough, we could see more than simply dancing games. Has anybody ever seen games with the rubber hammer and heads that pop up, which you have to hit? Well the Donkey konga peripheral could work in a similar manner.

Having to react to on-screen prompts to your dum, or whatever it turns out to be, it could be great. No doubt a whole slew of EyeToy games will be released next year to accompany Play, Groove and Sport, Nintendo could well try to use their peripheral in a similar way.

While having a set of drums may seem limited, it's not at all like Nintendo haven't worked their magic previously.

Furthermore, seeing as Nintendo seem to making more and more alliances with the likes of EA and Konami, more focus could revolve around giving third party developers a chance to shine and result in more original titles starring the Nintendo crew.

All I know is, we haven't seen the last of Nitnendo in the 'interaction' war...
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:41
Regular
"8==="
cookie monster wrote:
>
> Pfff, i'd rather play online games on my PC.

Sorry. You've lost me now... :S
>
> Downloadable content is over-rated. One or two extra levels every now
> and again?
>
> *Rolls eyes*

As opposed to none? And getting more than they could fit on the CD rather than them releasing a bonus disk? I'll take the downloadable content thanks.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:38
Regular
Hmmm... I fail to see how simplistic graphics can seemingly demote from games like 4-Swords and Tetra's Trackers. This is how I see it; make a bundle of all three link-up games, Tetra's Trackers, 4-Swords and Pacman, then for all those who have the money and the friends with money, the price of a normal game will get them 3 top-quality titles which perhaps lack in the graphics department, even though games like Zelda: LttP still look superb today.

To me, they are arcade games, great for a laugh with mates and perfect if you have the equipment.

Then there are games like Crystal Chronicles. Now I know for a fact you can't buy a SNES and get this kind of experience. What stands out for me is that RPG's have always been highly engrossing, especially so with the Final Fantasy series, but playing with mates, interacting and having pivitol roles in a game sounds like an amazing experience.

The problem with all these is, again, finding someone who can get 4 GBA's together, 4 GBA-CameCube cables together and GameCube and game. I know i couldn't, but I also know it would rock so very much if I could. If Nintendo find a way to get around this, they will have the killer peripheral, but as accesible as any other.

As for XBox LIVE, while it is fun, it's just not my cup of tea. I always feel like I could playing exactly the same game only with my mates for Ł40 less. For me, the EyeToy is still reigning champion in terms of quality peripheral gaming. The games are insanely fun and no doubt will be incorporated into other games, such as wrestling titles like Smackdown to really give Creat-A mode that little bit extra spark it's always needed.

Once third party EyeToy games start to emerge, things could get even better. But it has to be said, if you can play Pro Evo 3 on XBox LIVE with 10 other teammates, it truly will rock. Truly.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:38
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:

> 3: I'd say the software shifting money making monster that is the GBA
> player was Nintendo's best prephiral...

I agree.

I shall be getting some nice GBA games to go with it very soon.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:17
Regular
Actually nah Wind Waker had that too.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:17
Regular
Pyonth wrote:
> Pokémon is one of the top 5 Nintendo franchises, in my opinion.

It was probably the last Nintendo game that gave me that thrill that I was playing something truly magical.
Sun 28/09/03 at 07:55
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
Pokémon is one of the top 5 Nintendo franchises, in my opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.