GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nintendo Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
"8==="
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2858

1. It's not April the 1st
2. I want one.
3. *warms up for something he is saying a lot at the moment*:

WAY TO CUT DOWN ON IMPORTS NINTENDO!

Gah!
Sun 28/09/03 at 01:06
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> And with that I must bid you goodnight.

Goodnight!
Sun 28/09/03 at 01:02
"I love yo... lamp."
Nice idea dringo. You could get a blank GBA cart and use the GC to download games. Similar in a way to Java games on a mobile. You should tell them.

However, I loathe Pokemon. The only thing I can bear about it is that it made Nintendo money.
Sun 28/09/03 at 01:00
"I love yo... lamp."
In response to Ali and Dringo, Live is excellent. Better than PC gaming in nearly all ways. That one way it isn't is the mods you can get for Half Life. However Counter Strike is retaining the map making so it's a null point.

The GBA to GC connectivity is a good idea in theory. In practice it is a bit of a let down. Sure Four Swords is meant to be fantastic, but Metroid connectivity? A waste of time. It was the same with GBC to N64, could have been great, ended up mostly pointless.

Nintendo are a bunch of idiots. Brilliant at times but idiots the rest of the time. They should know that NOA and NOE commercial freedom would be very beneficial to them. The Oriental mindset is a very VERY different one from the western outlook. And it is negatively impacting their business.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:58
Regular
And with that I must bid you goodnight.

Farewell.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:57
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Best way I can describe it is that it reminds me of Disney films
> before Pixar came along. In the sense that I cringe at every line
> acted in the films :)

Ah I see I have the same feeling for the Disney system though... Don't like Disney... love Pixar.

But Pokemon really is a fantastic game... and the crazy characters in it do make me laugh a lot.

Variety in locations, addictive nature of capturing, discovering secret worlds with legendary Pokemon, hidden ruins of the past, trying to be the ultimate champion, training you Pokemon up to beat you friends.

This my friend rules.

Oh and back to why the GBA player and/or the GBA-GC connection may have a bigger effect than we think...

If Nintendo can harness the idea to be able to play simple but effective GBA games through the Gamecube ONLINE! If Nintendo can combine the connection with the online broadband modem we'll have an X-box live beating stunner on our hands. Purly out of ease of creation, ease of use, cheapness, how all the third parties will jump aboard and how simple games make the most addictive games.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:54
"I love yo... lamp."
In response to Hedfix, yes I too want one. I think it is a very good idea, and one that should be expanded, albeit with higher prices over here because people get paid much more etc. But still it would be a good idea, because I could get SNES games that I never got first time round etc.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:53
Regular
? Not too sure if I understand you?

Often you are forced to lose and have to take a different movement through the game to manage to overcome that obstacle. Pokemon is unlike any of those RPG's.

Pokemon's depth is so big I just can't believe it's a handheld title.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:52
Regular
Best way I can describe it is that it reminds me of Disney films before Pixar came along. In the sense that I cringe at every line acted in the films :)
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:50
Regular
For RPG goodness I have Skies, Deus EX and KOTOR and Final Fantasy X will be a purchase in a few weeks as its pretty cheap on the PS2.

Not kiddy in the sense "oh look a game with simplistic and child like characters" but more in the sense of how everything seems to go to plan every time. Its hard to explain but I hate it and always have done. Games and TV adaptations a like.

Its just not my thing.
Sun 28/09/03 at 00:46
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I am 17 in a few weeks and although I condem the childish comments
> against the 'kiddy' image I do have my boundaries and Pokemon really
> does cross them in a big way :)

*Promptly losses all respect for ÂLŠ†ÂÎR*

Pokemon is one of the most complex, addictive and original RPG's ever. If there was no cartoon, movie, card game, toy phenomona there would be no problem. Pokemon still to this day remains one of my favourite Nintendo games ever.

I'm 18 and I can say that safely. My Girlfriend who is coming on 19 also loves Pokemon.

It rules.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.