GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Nintendo Console"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
"8==="
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2858

1. It's not April the 1st
2. I want one.
3. *warms up for something he is saying a lot at the moment*:

WAY TO CUT DOWN ON IMPORTS NINTENDO!

Gah!
Sun 28/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
I'm not talking about downloading...

I mean the game shouldn't need a download really... extra levels and such like... should be saved for a sequel than spending so much time improving a game they couldn't get right in the first place.

It's like the GBA connection... when I say it's excellent I don't mean from a downloading point of view... that's just something to help sell the idea... as is the downloading for X-box live. As a gaming point of view... playing games online isn't my thing.

Therefore I think X-box live is cr@p...

Don't take it personally I mean I X-box has far more things attracting me than the PS2...

I have all consoles in the house and I've never ever played my brothers PS2... my DAd's X-box gets a few plays...

Gamecube all the way for me.
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Theres that USB mem card thing.

That does the same kind of job.
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:40
Regular
I do like downloading levels and things. A lot, in fact. But I just don't see the point in all the bother of paying £40 to get connected to an internet service when just as easily some sort of memory card adaptor and download extra's without having to get connected at all. Sure, it couldn't be used for online play, but not everyone likes online play, me for one.

The E-Card Reader is another example of downloadable extra's; extra levels, power-ups and new modes can be downloading for games like Mario Bros. 3, which is seemingly a perfect emulation of online downloading but still at an extra cost. But I believe soem sort of GameCube E-Card Reader could work very well. I want the choice to either download levels, modes, etc, play online or both, surely making a service for those people who don't want to bother with online play, but want the extra features, is possible?

Perhaps it would be too much trouble to make an online service and memeory card adaptor, but something similar to the E-Card Reader would be good enough for me and surely simple to port over to the Cube.
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:26
Regular
"8==="
How would they go about putting the bug fixes for Unreal Tournament on the game CD before people had actually discovered them?

I believe entirely new multiplayer game modes have been able to be downloaded for some games with Xbox live or they're in the works.

There's the potential for people to upload and swap designed levels, no doubt this will include levels designed for the single player modes of a game.

Also there is the possibility that developers want to include more than they have been able to create by the time the game is scheduled to be burnt to CD. Xbox live enables the developers to include finished levels that just missed the cut before the game had to be burnt to CD.
Sun 28/09/03 at 18:06
Regular
"pause.tk" "13cm"
a lá Ali-stares?

I'm not a great fan of XBOX live either, and if they can't fit it on the disk (which is becoming increasingly unlikely), then it's probably crap anyway.
Sun 28/09/03 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> I don't like online gaming... I therefore dread the future of gaming.

It's hardly likely that every game will be online. There will always be offline games.

Dringo wrote:
>So if I think X-box live and all online options in general are cr@p then >I'm justified.

I think I can give you an example of how something like Xbox live could benefit you in a way that you could appreciate:

Say for instance Nintendo setup something similar to Xbox Live for the next console and you can download extra levels for various Nintendo games that they couldn't fit on the CD/Disc.

That is a good thing right?

Now do you see why I find it difficult to comprehend hoe you can find NOTHING good about Xbox live? Whether you like online gaming or not downloading extra levels, characters and modes for otherwise offline games is the way forward.

Therefore all online options are NOT crap as you say. If you fail to accept how useful downloadable content can be then I'm afraid you ARE a sad deluded fanboy.
Sun 28/09/03 at 17:12
Regular
You really are.
Sun 28/09/03 at 17:04
Regular
"It's been a while.."
69 posts heehee im so immature
Sun 28/09/03 at 17:00
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> >the
> pile of crap that is X-box live
>
> You make some good points and then sweep them away by saying
> something stupid like this. You're just as bad as Ali saying all PC
> online gaming sucks.
>
> Both Xbox live and PC gaming have their good points.
>
> If you can't see ANY good points to Xbox live then I'm afraid you're
> just a sad deluded fanboy.

I do not like online gaming... I don't find myself involved too much, I don't enjoy the atmosphere and the games are far too involved than they need to be. I mean I just can't stand playing games online, to me it's just like playing a normal game with high AI... I really can't stand it.

I don't like the 3 online PC games I've got, I don't like chu chu rocket... a few other Dreamcast online optioned games I have and I hate Phantasy Star Online. Also my Dad's collection of Live X-box games p!ss me off in exactly the same way the other online games do.

I don't like it.

So if I think X-box live and all online options in general are cr@p then I'm justified.

It's like saying I've heard every Steps song bar 8 or 9 and because I haven't heard those 8 or 9 songs me calling them crap makes me a fanboy and calls my comment a sweeping statement.

I don't like online gaming... I therefore dread the future of gaming.
Sun 28/09/03 at 11:53
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:

>
> 1: X-box live is s**t in my eyes, I really do not like it one small
> tiny bit. It doesn't include any of the excitement I used to expect
> from games.

And you've played every Xbox live game? Shut up.

You talk about making sweeping statements and then you come out with this crap?

I respect your knowledge of facts but then you write something like this, it's pathetic, truly pathetic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.