GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom Fighters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This should be arriving for me tommorrow (I hope).

I shall let you all know what its like and if its worth it, but based on Hitman 2, it should be brilliant.

Especially firefights down New York streets, with all your resistance fighters against hordes of Sovs.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:35
Regular
The fact that you have to manually operate it all the time. Oh and the excellent moment when I entered a building and had no idea that there was about 10 enemies shooting me on my right side, because of the way the camera was facing.

Still, Hitman 2 annoyed the crap out of me at first but soon came to be one of the best games I've ever had the joy of playing.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:32
Regular
Sorry Hedfix the demo only has a playable mission.

As for Freedom Fighters, I can't see where the camera problem steps in. I didn't have any problems at all.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:06
Regular
Played the Xbox demo and while it was quite good, the camera sucked and the controls got on my t*ts. I'll give it another shot at some point, but I'll probably end up getting it on budget.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:56
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> No need to rent, played the Xbox and PS2 demos.

Can you tell me what the 'head to head' mode is on the PS2?

I'm hoping it is a sort of deathmatch, if so I expect to see it on the Cube version.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:13
Regular
No need to rent, played the Xbox and PS2 demos. Didn't like anymore than I liked the first and I never play multiplayer games so its a waste of a game which I would be able to complete in a maximum of 2 days.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:07
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You thought the first was really good and I didn't.

True. However I'd still suggest you rent it and see. ;)
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I loved the first Conflict game... really.

I think I've probably clocked up more hours on this than I have on any of my other Gamecube titles, except maybe Skies Of Arcadia.

Although I admit if you're not going to play it in either two-player or four-player you're not going to get even half the fun out of it, as the single-player is quite honestly average, but I've been lucky enough to have some mates that enjoy this kind of game too, so I've got my money's worth out of it.

This is why I'm looking forward to Conflict 2. It's apparently got what the original has, and then some. Although it isn't meant to be a vast improvement, I'll still like it, I'm sure.

Shame it isn't out for ages on the Cube.
Tue 30/09/03 at 18:01
Regular
You thought the first was really good and I didn't.
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:56
Regular
"8==="
Taken from elsewhere.

Hedfix wrote:
> Just started C:DS 2. Damn good, damn damn good! :)
>
> I've played the first three levels. The way you get thrown into the
> action immediately with all 4 team members was a pleasant surprise, I
> thought it would begin like the original and have you work up to 4
> team members over the first few missions.
>
> I'm also really appreciating the way it keeps throwing troops in to
> attack your flank. Fighting in a city is like this and I was hoping
> for more of this in the first game's city levels. Now it's
> implemented it works really well.
>
> They've made the autoaim less accurate which needed doing as the
> first one was a bit of a breeze (might go back to the first one and
> see if I can take autoaim off, it's made obvious in the second one
> that you can).
>
> I also like the way they've removed the crosshair turning red when
> you're on target. This means you can't line up a shot through smoke
> and makes snipers the proper threat that they should be.
>
> Excellent stuff.
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:46
Regular
There are more animations but no were near the amount I was expecting.

Not being a fan of multiplayer games meant that the first was over too quickly. I fear the same thing for the second as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.