GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom Fighters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This should be arriving for me tommorrow (I hope).

I shall let you all know what its like and if its worth it, but based on Hitman 2, it should be brilliant.

Especially firefights down New York streets, with all your resistance fighters against hordes of Sovs.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
SSX Tricky was utterly class.

CDS 4 player also is utterly class.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:20
Regular
I've never really been stunned by Avalanche, but the last one was great so I expect this will follow in the same pattern. SSX Tricky is easily the best extreme sports game I've ever played, so I'm highly anticipating SSX 3.

Hopefully I'll get the money for both, if not I have no idea which I'll get, though.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Strafex wrote:
> I've heard a mention of co-operative play on some of these games.
>
> Which games has this, and how many players can your co-operative team
> consist of?

---

Conflict Desert Storm is easily the best co-operative game around.

There is a team of four guys: Bradley (Team Leader), Foley (Sniper), Connors (Heavy Weapons) and Jones (Combat Engineer). You and either 1, 2 or 3 mates can take control of the team. In two player co-op, it's two characters each, in three player one guy has to control two (the weakest two squad members, incidently), and in four player you have a man each - this mode is especially brilliant, although small screens ruin the experience slightly.

Seriously, though, Conflict is a great game for co-op. Not so good in single player, admittedly, but if you have mates that enjoy third-person shooters, then you won't care.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
NGC said 1080 disappointed them lots. Which in turn disappoints me, as I was expecting something good from it.

SSX3, however, is looking great.
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:36
Regular
Rickoss wrote:

> Now, SSX or 1080....

That could be the hardest decision you have to make this Xmas. They both look excellent....but then so does Amped 2.

Not enough snowboarding games then 3 come along at once.
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:12
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I brought it and then took it back because i didn't like it! Perhaps it just wasn't my type of game? Never-mind hope you like it..... :)
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:08
Regular
I loved the 'co-op' feel of Reign of Fire very much, it wasn't a Tactical Shooter but I prefered it like that :-)

As for C:DS 1 & 2, along with Freedom Fighters, I'd like to give them a go but I don't think I'll end up giving them a miss; there are too many GameCube titles I'll need to be getting in the run up to XMas and at most I'll get 2 games for the fat-santa occasion itself.

If I find a huge sum of money lying on the floor, I may just buy one of them, though :-D

Now, SSX or 1080....
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:33
Regular
"8==="
C:DS and C:DS 2 have co-operative play for up to 4 players. I'm not sure about Freedom Fighters, from the limited mention IGN gave the multiplayer it seemed like the only multiplayer was in a Vs style way, but I could be wrong.
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:28
Regular
I've heard a mention of co-operative play on some of these games.

Which games has this, and how many players can your co-operative team consist of?
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:02
Regular
I have played and enjoyed IO games since the first Hitman on PC so I suppose I was always ready for whatever camera they decided to use. I actually enjoy the camera when you have full control, it saves trying to get yourself out of a corner when the auto cam decides to stick to a wall.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.