GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom Fighters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Tue 30/09/03 at 17:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This should be arriving for me tommorrow (I hope).

I shall let you all know what its like and if its worth it, but based on Hitman 2, it should be brilliant.

Especially firefights down New York streets, with all your resistance fighters against hordes of Sovs.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:23
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Difficulty - I'm on the 2nd level, and I;ve been killed many a time.

Thats the point of my post. Check it and you will see what I mean.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:22
Regular
Croushing around like Chow Yun Fat loading bullets into their chests as they hit the side of the helicopter and then slump to the ground as it takes off. That is the quality of rag doll physics. I am yet to see a body go through an object.

Wait till later on though when you blow a car surrounded by barrels and C4. One guy went at about 100mph straight at one of the buildings only to hit it and then his body draped over the garbage bin below.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Difficulty - I'm on the 2nd level, and I;ve been killed many a time.

Probably summat to do with screaming and running towards Sovs with a wrench.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:19
Regular
First level is a tad predictable. Once past that and into the sewers it turns into one hell of a game.

I like the bit on the roof with the Helicopter though, muchos coolos. Read my thread about Difficulty, a thing of the past? as that has more info on the game.

Funking mint though which is a good sign as the ones that won't last the pace I get bored of after a few hours.
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Freedom Fighters is excellent.

Got it today. Intor is quality, but the first level, i.e training, absoloutely sucks balls. After that it gets wayy better.

Controls are great, very easy team control, none of this menu malarky, and the camera is totaly manual but you get used to it. Graphics are pretty good, but could of done with a bit more polish, but there is always loads going on on screen.

Ragdoll is in evidence too. Grenades produce, lets say, 'weeee!' effects on Sovs. Haha. One of my team mates got blown up, and hit a dumpster thing. Body was hanging offit by his fingers, then he let go and slumped down. Brilliant animation, and the AI is pretty sweet too. Its just great fun. Assault rifles, shotguns etc, explosions, grenades, its all good.

The charisma system works well, and there are several ways through each level, and you have freedom to move between each warzone at will. Good stuff. I've got 3 'points' of team membership, and its excellent, when a firefight goes down.

Multiplayer is good fun, did in 2 player, but I think a 4 player (on a big TV) would rule very very very much. There is alwasy just so much going on, bullets everywhere.

Brilliant!
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:53
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
Cyclone wrote:
> If its a Metroid Prime style overhaul, we should rejoice and make love
> to beautiful women. Actually, do that anyway.

Now we're talking
Wed 01/10/03 at 22:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If its a Metroid Prime style overhaul, we should rejoice and make love to beautiful women. Actually, do that anyway.
Wed 01/10/03 at 21:58
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> NGC said 1080 disappointed them lots. Which in turn disappoints me, as
> I was expecting something good from it.

1080 has had a massive overhaul over the past months, trust me it's gonna be sweet.
Wed 01/10/03 at 20:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
1080, in all honesty, looks rather disappointing.
Wed 01/10/03 at 19:43
Regular
1080 looks the mutts, SSX 3 looks a little sketchy and I didn't enjoy the original Amped so I'm interested in the sequel. Methinks I'll get Avalanche then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.