GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chipped Xboxs?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
highly illigal, but no ones perfect eh?
Has anyone had the mod chip & 80 Gig Hardrive upgrade fitted yet?
apparently you can dump entire games to the drive for faster accsess!
I need more speed! and room for the music i've dumped to disk, only got 32000 Blocks left now! anyone know how much is too much? before it affects the games your playing? may have to buy another XBOX! probably down to a ton by Xmas anyhow
Thu 16/10/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
In case anyone hasn't noticed someone's impersonating me.
Thu 16/10/03 at 00:11
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
JimTopBloke wrote:
> So Dr Gonzo, life is unfair

Well don't go on an pathetic self-pitying rant then justifying stealing. So some people earn more than you, like musicians who in one song can make hundereds of thousands of people happy. Could you do that? If you can, go do it. If you can't, don't use it to justify stealing other people's hard work.
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Remember me?"
Meheheheheh...

Bent.
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:44
Regular
The pension business has nothing to do with stealing one's posessions.

With all investments there's always risk.

In owning a vehicle, the risk shouldn't be about whether it will be stolen or not.

And for the record:

Bentley!

Wed 15/10/03 at 12:26
Regular
So Dr Gonzo, life is unfair, why do you think people DO steal bentley's? & why do you think people DO sell knock off fags in the local boozer?
In a perfect world everyone would go throught life thanking everyone else for all the good work and effort & the contribution to the welfare of everyone concerned...
Funny how it dont work like that.
Just because it's legal dont mean that it's still not robbery.
The poor people who have saved long and hard for a decent pension got roylaly screwed when they relaised there guaranteed payout was all based on lies? who took the wrap? no one's fault perhaps? is that not theft?
you are right though, is does not justify it, just places it in context.
It is a s h i t e world sometimes
Wed 15/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
JimTopBloke wrote:
> Everyone Knows That Theft Is WRONG. no debate.
> Everyone (almost!) knows that we do get RIPPED OFF on the price of
> some stuff.

But a high price doesn't mean you can just steal it. I'd quite like a Bently instead of my wee VW Golf, but, unsuprisingly, at 22 I can't afford a spend £100k on a car. Should I steal it? But the buggers make it really expensive!!!

Whether it's a rip off or not is irrelevant, you still shouldn't try and justify it for those reasons.
Wed 15/10/03 at 11:56
Regular
Yeah, ONLY 1,000,000.00. Poor girl, how will she survive?
If she didnt do any work for a few weeks do you think she would have the cheek to claim the unemployment?

I have absolutely no problem in giving to the deserving, like say Jeff Minter. a programmer from the old school golden era, give you the stuff to play, them if you like it, send him a bit of dosh. (he's probabaly sold out by now though & is driving a flash car and has sent his LLamas packing! Soz Jeff)
Tue 14/10/03 at 23:13
Regular
"BOSE"
i see your point. take music for example, Robbie Williams got £80,000,000 for his latest album. i think it's like £65,000,000 after TAX when he's paid his manager, all the people who work for him etc???

heh...Robbie gets £80,000,000. Rachel Stevens gets £1,000,000...before TAX. also, i can't remember who but someone new, female i think, got £1,200,000 for 2/3 albums
Tue 14/10/03 at 18:18
Regular
Ah what a lively debate! DARK vS GOOD (squeaky cleen - you know who you are!)

Everyone Knows That Theft Is WRONG. no debate.
Everyone (almost!) knows that we do get RIPPED OFF on the price of some stuff.

MUSIC:
ARE MOST MUSICIANS THAT GOOD THAT THEY DERSERVE ALL THAT DOSH FOR SINGING A FEW SONGS? TENS OF MILLIONS? EVERYONES GOT TO EARN A WAGE BUT OBSENE AMOUNTS OF LOLLY LIKE THAT TAKE THE P I S S OUT OF PEOPLE LIKE US.

GAMES:
Yeah, hard work and lots of cash are requred these days, people expect better & better & that costs lots. (Who would be happy playin JET SET WILLY these days? probabaly cost about £10.50 to make (in B&H and coffee) maybe you think you would but NOSTAIGIA is always a lot WORSE than you remember it to be!)

I have No idea what the hell im on about, shure there is a point somewhere...

Ah yes, Ripped of are Ripping off. Simple. Fair Prices NOW!

We all like playing games and listening to music, but maybe I want to sample stuff before i give em a ton of money, (like that S h i t e CORAL ALBUM with ONE good SONG! Conning Gits!)

Good luck and live well, hope you goodies feel appreciated for being soo Righteous!!
ROCK AND ROLL!
Mon 13/10/03 at 18:04
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Whilst we're on legal conundrums:
>
> An American visits the UK and brings along his NTSC XBox and an NTSC
> copy of Halo. If he plays his game whilst in the UK, is he
> infringing territorial copyright? (UK and US law states that
> copyright is territorial and that licensing only applies to specific
> territories).

No.

It isn't illegal - The only snag is you can only play NTSC games on the console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.