GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chipped Xboxs?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
highly illigal, but no ones perfect eh?
Has anyone had the mod chip & 80 Gig Hardrive upgrade fitted yet?
apparently you can dump entire games to the drive for faster accsess!
I need more speed! and room for the music i've dumped to disk, only got 32000 Blocks left now! anyone know how much is too much? before it affects the games your playing? may have to buy another XBOX! probably down to a ton by Xmas anyhow
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:28
Regular
Actually hate is a rather harsh word. After all love and hate are two horns on the same devil and I don't want peopel to get the the wrong idea. I dislike you immensly and you act like a complete kn*b stick.
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:27
Regular
Ye I hate those people too. Not as juch as I hate you though.
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:25
Regular
Ooooh, harsh words! At least I don't go around advertising the sale of illegal software.
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:25
Regular
Make that grating (I think its without an e) otherwise people might think I am related to you and your retarded ways.
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:24
Regular
LOL1111!!!!1111WTF!!!

You are soooooooooooooooo funny. I think I will stop greating my ball sack on a cheese grater and start following your jokes...

Go away you idiot.
Sat 11/10/03 at 13:22
Regular
The fact is, mod chips are only CONSIDERED illegal, and therefore are not. Newer chips, in conjunction with a PC running some smart software, can play games via XBox Live! It might be considered wrong by Microsoft, but the fact is if I want to put a LEGAL chip in my XBox to play legal PD stuff, why should that stop me playing on XBox Live!? It shouldn't, and it doesn't. It's MY XBox and I can do what the hell I like with it; shoving it up Ali's ar*e wouuld be a good place to start, but oh, I forgot, XBox isn't big enough; it would just fall out because he must get rammed up his hole that much!! lol
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
What I find most annoying about this thread is that I paid $29 for WinZip and then got Windows XP a few months later.
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:54
Regular
Heheh!

I am so glad you bothered to do thatas I couldn't be bothered trying to convince the c*ck faced idiot otherwise.
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Nomino wrote:
1) Chipping your XBox is not illegal.

"Mod chips are considered illegal and the company reminds that the blocking of modified consoles is defined in the Xbox Live user agreement."

- Microsoft.

2) A chipped XBox can play XBox Live!, and with copied games if you must know. There are ways and means.

"Xbox Live may only be accessed with an unmodified, except for Microsoft authorized repairs and upgrades, Xbox video game console. Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute or use for other purposes either the hardware or software of this system is strictly prohibited. Microsoft may...retrieve information from the Xbox used to log on to Xbox Live as necessary to operate and protect the security of Xbox Live, and to enforce this Agreement."

- Microsoft.

"The newer mod chips...can already defeat any attempts by Microsoft to detect them, as they are firmware upgradeable via a PC parallel port"

- Tony Dalton-Richards, mod-chip enthusiast.

"Seeking an engineer charged with collecting, evaluating and conducting analysis of modification chips as part of security research on Xbox hardware and software. Will assist in designing hardware detection code fragments to be embedded in future versions of the product. Preference is given to those with...gaming hacking knowledge."

- Notice posted on Microsoft's hiring site.

3) Piracy is not killing the games industry.

"http://www.elspa.com/consumer/piracy.asp"

- Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association
Sat 11/10/03 at 12:44
Regular
I hope your's breaks down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.