GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chipped Xboxs?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 11:18
Regular
highly illigal, but no ones perfect eh?
Has anyone had the mod chip & 80 Gig Hardrive upgrade fitted yet?
apparently you can dump entire games to the drive for faster accsess!
I need more speed! and room for the music i've dumped to disk, only got 32000 Blocks left now! anyone know how much is too much? before it affects the games your playing? may have to buy another XBOX! probably down to a ton by Xmas anyhow
Thu 09/10/03 at 20:52
Regular
You do know you can't play LIVE with any mod chip for the Xbox don't you?

What a kn*b.
Thu 09/10/03 at 20:47
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> And you're a mug paying to have your Xbox chipped - now you have to
> spend atleast another £170 to utilise the delights of Xbox
> Live.

OK, so what did I pay to have my XBox chipped? The price of a chip, big deal. Cheaper than a game and way more cost effective.

And how the hell did you work out it would cost at least an extra £170 to play XBox Live? I play on XBox Live with my current set up, and I don't remember paying £170 for it.

Oh, and why don't you lot pay attention to JimTopBloke. He's absolutely spot on with his statement. It's so funny that you all hark on about piracy being illegal, wrong, for mugs etc. So you don't have an illegal copy of Windows? Office? What about those chart MP3s you downloaded the other day? None of you have got any cracked software on your computers at all? Yeah, OK. Have any of you lot paid for that copy of WinZip you use?

The fact is, all who moan about piracy where console games are concerned are just two-faced ars*holes.
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:53
Regular
Thrilling stuff...
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:45
Regular
When i take my trusty XBOX round to my mates houses (big effort!) sometimes we play the realy sad game of guessing the tune from the intro, get a half dozen people toegther with a crate of ale, make some rules up, there your go! started when i just got the machine and had played all the worthwhile games & got few up with em! it helps when you have thousands of tunes to select from. makes things a bit more challenging. call me a saddo if ya want, sometimes it's better to make your own games up than the shaty games that they feed us with most of the time!
Mon 06/10/03 at 10:28
Regular
Why in gods name do you need that amount of music on your Xbox?

How many games have you got that actually use custom soundtracks?

I've got 2.
Mon 06/10/03 at 10:17
Regular
ref the amount of albums & tunes:
got 58 catagories all with a minumum of 12 tunes, most with about 30-40 and a few with 70-100.

Not planning on using XBOX live anyhow with this machine

Ps. DONT ANYBODY PREACH ON ABOUT DOING ILLIGAL THINGS, YOU ALL HAVE COMPUTERS THAT ARE USING ILLIGAL SHAREWARE/ OR UNREGISTERED PRODUCTS IM SURE! + how many copied cd's are in your collections?
Throw the first stone if your as clear as the driven snow...
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:16
Regular
Nomino wrote:
> Understand what? The fact that you are a bit of a mug for paying 30
> or 40 quid for a game, or your twisted humour?

And you're a mug paying to have your Xbox chipped - now you have to spend atleast another £170 to utilise the delights of Xbox Live.
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:54
Regular
Get them all for under £30 and they all work. No mug here.
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:50
Regular
Understand what? The fact that you are a bit of a mug for paying 30 or 40 quid for a game, or your twisted humour?
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:41
Regular
The funniest part is that you don't understand.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.