GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Tue 04/11/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Rah! The Delphinius is mine, and Piastol has been slapped about like a fool. Also, the Prince of Valua is clearly gay.
Tue 04/11/03 at 11:31
Regular
So he couldn't find them himself. Surely one more reason why you'd have to find them for him? :^)
Mon 03/11/03 at 16:40
"The Will of D."
Nah they are nothing important other than expensive stuff to give your income a boost by about 25,000 gold each. How can he find them anyway if they were inside a Moonbirds stomach?
Mon 03/11/03 at 14:54
Regular
*dam - must be freudian :^D
Mon 03/11/03 at 14:53
Regular
Could be something they forgot or didn't have time to put in.

But I can see this bugging me just like the damn level's island on goldeneye...

Maybe on the next play-through I won't get pinta in my crew, then he'll hopefully still be in the sailor island weapon shop, and I can take him the idols. Then maybe there'll be a different conversation...

Or maybe not.
But I wasted a long time trying to get to the island. I should probably put the same investment into Skies Ĥ:^) (experimenting with eyebrows)
Mon 03/11/03 at 13:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was wondering that too.

Seemed a bit odd.
Mon 03/11/03 at 13:36
Regular
You know those 3 idols you get, the ones pinta is supposedly looking for.

Can you give them to him or something?
Seems a bit lame that he's looking for them, I have them all, but can't do anything with them...
Mon 03/11/03 at 11:36
"The Will of D."
But other times i don't get any for at least 30 secs, but once you get past the Purple moon crystal dungeon you can go above the clouds and not get any battles at all.
Mon 03/11/03 at 11:05
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
When flying aorund, sometimes I get fewer than 3 seconds between random encounters. 3 SECONDS?!?!?

Stupid.
Mon 03/11/03 at 10:59
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Thats why i stopped playing it. Hehe got 20 hours into it too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.