GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Mon 06/10/03 at 12:17
eBay - £19.
Mon 06/10/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've finally found a place that sells it (www.thegamexchange.com - £31.99+p&p) and therefore, I should be experiencing this fine RPG by the end of the week (...providing they HAVE got it in-stock)! :D

Or you could try www.cd-wow.com, who do it for a pound more, with no p&p.
However, I do not know if they actually have it in-stock, and chances are (like many of their DVDs), this could be the Australian-PAL version of the game (...just incase that were to bother anyone?).

I'm glad I've finally found it though.
But perhaps it is a bad-time to be buying it, with Mario Kart, F-Zero, Hit and Run and Viewtiful Joe just-around-the-corner...??
Mon 06/10/03 at 09:12
"Darkness, always"
It's on my "waiting till I can get it for £15 on eBay" list.
Mon 06/10/03 at 09:01
Regular
The further you get the better Skies get. There are so many moments that you know you'll remember packed up into one game; the atmosphere is also superb, especially in places like Lower Valua.

As for the graphics, I really like them.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.