GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:22
Regular
"Balls"
i hope its good i just ordered it for christmas. it better be fantastic.
Wed 05/11/03 at 23:19
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I thought I was big and hard when I went looking for Piastol.

Hm, maybe not!! Slaughtered everyone!

Then I thought, right, ok i'll go and up my stats. So again, I went looking for battles, then I came across a Valua Battleship, it looked big and strong, but it wasn't doing much damage. Until, it killed me in one cannon shot.

Lol, and I didn't save.

Damnit!!

Oh yeah, how do I get MP? Do I just either have to rest at inn's or buy them? Is there no spell that allows me to gain MP?

And I flew into some fish looking things the other day, in the skies they were.
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I hate cheats. They gnaw at the back of your mind until you use them and ruin a game.
Wed 05/11/03 at 22:37
"The Will of D."
Or if you just bought loads of those stat increasers from illchemis then you don't have to level up to have 999 power and 9999hp and stuff. I have that now coz i used unlimited money cheat from the GAMECUBE mag, but i only used it the once and it's isn't even halfway toward being used. But I am only lv44 and they are as strong as your characters aside from a certain difference in starting battle SP.
Also i don't usually cheat in games of home consoles, so this was why i only used 1 cheat and didn't bother with the rest coz they were crap too. but i deserve a little cheating perhaps since it was my 3rd time doing the game and 2nd time doing mostly everything (don't care about discoveries).
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:56
"period drama"
Yeah I have - hence the term 'all done and dusted' : P
Kicked some serious deformed bootay while I was there as well.
Wed 05/11/03 at 19:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> All done and dusted.
>
> Final stats:
> Everyone level 99 with 9999 HP; most stats around 600 - except attack
> and defense which was closer to 800. And Vyse's attack was at 999. I
> started each battle with 80 out of 99 SP.
>
> All chams, moonfish, discoveries, bounties, Piastol fights, crew
> members sorted. And I got the secret stuff like the extra Discovery,
> Vyse's Sky Fang and getting to fight Vigoro again.
>
> *Dances*

And you haven't even been to Soltis?

Erg.
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:35
"period drama"
Dr Duck wrote:
> You know those 3 idols you get, the ones pinta is supposedly looking
> for.
>
> Can you give them to him or something?
> Seems a bit lame that he's looking for them, I have them all, but
> can't do anything with them...

Apparently it was taken out when they changed it from a Dreamcast to GC game. But they added a whole heap in, so meh.
Although it does seem a really stupid thing to remove.

They do sell for a lot, though - but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
?
Tue 04/11/03 at 18:32
"period drama"
All done and dusted.

Final stats:
Everyone level 99 with 9999 HP; most stats around 600 - except attack and defense which was closer to 800. And Vyse's attack was at 999. I started each battle with 80 out of 99 SP.

All chams, moonfish, discoveries, bounties, Piastol fights, crew members sorted. And I got the secret stuff like the extra Discovery, Vyse's Sky Fang and getting to fight Vigoro again.

*Dances*
Tue 04/11/03 at 16:35
"The Will of D."
Bane wrote:
> Rah! The Delphinius is mine, and Piastol has been slapped about like a
> fool. Also, the Prince of Valua is clearly gay.

No Enrique has a love affair after visiting Yafutoma, you fool. Don't bad Mouth the prince! I should have your head for such insolence!
Tue 04/11/03 at 15:25
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
i completely agree
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.