GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Sat 08/11/03 at 15:10
"period drama"
Oh, well I must have done something differently because nobody got KO or anywhere near it in that fight. And my defence stats weren't as high as yours.

The moonstone cannon does become pretty useless near the end, doesn't it. The X-Cannon (or it could have been the Moon Cannon) you get late on did about half as much again as the moonstone cannon did.
My defence were pretty good - Zelos cast Elec-(whatever the best one is) on my for no damage. But his bestest attacks still took a fair chunk out of my each time.

Once you've got Saculen or Fina's best S-Move and enough SP to cast them every round, you're pretty much undefeatable in ship or normal battles.
Fri 07/11/03 at 23:05
"The Will of D."
I boosted everyones defenses up to the maximum of 999 and it still did 9200hp damage to Vyse. So you must have done something, but most normal attacks (using weapons) do nothing to my crew, Ramirez on the other hand managed about 45hp damage everytime he attacked one of my characters normally, which is pretty damn strong compared to some bosses that still do no damage.
Also the delphinus since my upgrades have been especially defensive against all magic attacks, but the ones that only change attack power and stuff still work. But the magic cannons have been given an extra boos as well which is great since I can do Pyrulen on a C square and do as much damage as say the Moon Stone Cannon does on a normal square.
Fri 07/11/03 at 22:39
"period drama"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> 34:26 not bad for the 3rd time getting everything(except discov. as i
> told b4) and completing game in like half an hour, most of that was
> taking down the gigas, only a accumilation of about 7 turns in all to
> battle both Ramirez's, not bad unless of course he uses Silver
> nightmare on someone, using Vyses' Pairates Wraith is an instant Ko,
> and for you FFF so is Enrique's Judgement attack, but it isn't just
> yet for me.

Nah - what he did Silver Nightmare to Vyse it only took about 1/2 someone's health away. I expect it was the (roughly) 700,000 gold I spent on defence seeds : P

I didn't have Enrique in the final battle - even though he would probably be better, I'd levelled everyone up while Gilder was in the party, so he Enrique was only about level 60 when every else was at 99.

I expect Drachma would have been good to have, but he was at level 38 when I could have had him back - waste of time levelling him up. Although his Hand of Fate would have kicked some serious booTAY
Fri 07/11/03 at 17:34
"The Will of D."
So you made it past the red gigas and Belleza, did you manage to totally avoid being hit by the gigas? if so you are not an amateur Air Pirate.

Oh and bellza you will meet again, but you do not fight her again at all, shame really, would have been fun to beat her ship with the delphinus, but i have more respect for her now because of what she is going to do later in the game.
Thu 06/11/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Psyİho Fox wrote:

> Magic droplets to recover 1 mp for any character, and magic Dew to
> recover 10 Mp to any character.

Oh fair enough, just need to stock up then! Thanks for the help!

I've clocked up 12hours so far. I dont even have my own ship after Drachma just wondered off. Then came back when the Gigas was trying to kick me into hell.

Hm, red ray. Hmmm!

Then it took about an hour to take that womens ship down. The one that changes from the belly dancer women.

Lol, I thought her and Vyse were really gonna go somewhere. Lol..
Thu 06/11/03 at 19:27
"The Will of D."
34:26 not bad for the 3rd time getting everything(except discov. as i told b4) and completing game in like half an hour, most of that was taking down the gigas, only a accumilation of about 7 turns in all to battle both Ramirez's, not bad unless of course he uses Silver nightmare on someone, using Vyses' Pairates Wraith is an instant Ko, and for you FFF so is Enrique's Judgement attack, but it isn't just yet for me.
Thu 06/11/03 at 18:45
"period drama"
78 hours by the way.
Not too shabby
Thu 06/11/03 at 08:03
"The Will of D."
Dringo wrote:
> morbo wrote:
> i hope its good i just ordered it for christmas. it better be
> fantastic.
>
> It's a fantastic game and VERY big...
>
> Hope you haven't got loads of stuff coming your way this christmas.

At least he will be very happy this christmas won't you morbo. Also he will be playing it for ages, since he hasn't played it b4.
Thu 06/11/03 at 08:01
"The Will of D."
GasMask wrote:
> I thought I was big and hard when I went looking for Piastol.
>
> Hm, maybe not!! Slaughtered everyone!
>
> Then I thought, right, ok i'll go and up my stats. So again, I went
> looking for battles, then I came across a Valua Battleship, it looked
> big and strong, but it wasn't doing much damage. Until, it killed me
> in one cannon shot.
>
> Lol, and I didn't save.
>
> Damnit!!
>
> Oh yeah, how do I get MP? Do I just either have to rest at inn's or
> buy them? Is there no spell that allows me to gain MP?

Magic droplets to recover 1 mp for any character, and magic Dew to recover 10 Mp to any character.
Thu 06/11/03 at 00:04
Regular
morbo wrote:
> i hope its good i just ordered it for christmas. it better be
> fantastic.

It's a fantastic game and VERY big...

Hope you haven't got loads of stuff coming your way this christmas.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.