GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How fantastic is skies of Arcadia?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Skies of Arcadia'.
Mon 06/10/03 at 00:18
Regular
Despite naff graphics I am loving this Skies game. Picked it up along with 3 other games (see my £50 in cambridge thread) for a mere £19 and I can't imagine a closer RPG alternative to Zelda. Vast, expansive, encourages exploration and a deep story. In fact as storylines go it moves at a far faster pace than that Wind Waker game.

Great game, feels a bit like Starfox to play (not quite sure why) but of course i mean that in a good way.

If you can find it buy it. You won't regret it. Roll on Skies 2.
Page:
Wed 12/11/03 at 19:32
"The Will of D."
Cyclone wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> I never used any of fina's special abilites though, didn't need to
> when i could deal at least 2000 damage per character using normal
> attacks, and probably even more using magic attacks like Pyrulen.
>
> Well, you could have made life a lot easier if you had. All of hers
> except for Lunar Glyph are very very very useful spells.

Not really if i could completely beat a boss in 3-4 turns and get dealt 0hp damage from most attacks.
Wed 12/11/03 at 17:29
Regular
Anyone know how many moonfish there are after the doc talks about piastol?
Wed 12/11/03 at 17:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> I never used any of fina's special abilites though, didn't need to
> when i could deal at least 200 damage per character using normal
> attacks, and probably even more using magic attacks like Pyrulen.

Well, you could have made life a lot easier if you had. All of hers except for Lunar Glyph are very very very useful spells.
Wed 12/11/03 at 16:06
Regular
I haven't played Skies in ages... and I doubt I will until the games start becoming sparse in release again.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:57
"The Will of D."
There are no fish story wise after you go to Dangral Island, try going back to the docks of Maramba and Nasrad, and even in pirate Isle's dock.
Wed 12/11/03 at 15:50
Regular
What happens on giving the last moonfish to maria's bird? Will I know when it happens?

I fed the bird to find out about the piastol thing, and figured that was the last fish.
Then I found abother one :^S

I don't know how many more are out there. Were there any fish in solstis?
Wed 12/11/03 at 08:02
"The Will of D."
Gasmask try not to forget that there are 2 chams and 1 moonfish inside, f you miss them before you finish you will have to come back later in the game to get them.
Tue 11/11/03 at 23:56
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I just flew through that crazy whirlwind place and got shouted at by weird people. Now i'm in De Loco's place. Damn dirty traps..
Sat 08/11/03 at 22:28
"The Will of D."
Yeah he'd be way more responsible than Tony Blair.
Sat 08/11/03 at 22:16
Regular
"always swirling"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Talkie Toaster wrote:
> lol! brought a copy for skies of arcadia for the gamecube at game
> yesterday for 12.99 and just sold it on ebay for 23.99 buy it now.
>
> Have you already played it then? If not then you are crazy not to,
> then to sell it when you are done.

i already have it, just saw it in the shops and thoguht 'thats cheap' and so got it.
SOA is an amazing game! Vyse for priminster!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.