GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3 - First thoughts?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
Got my copy this morning and played for a bit before I go to uni. Here are my first thoughts:

Training mode is much better. You have to first pass a skill 1 then move on to skill 2 and so on to skill 5 which is pretty damn hard. Ain't managed it yet - Skills include shooting, passing dribbling etc

Gameplay is good but it will take time to get used to

I thought there was a libero grande part to the game?

Team names are all wrong as are some of the player names - guessing a cheat cd will be availble soon

Played round a mates house 2 weeks ago a japanese version and the teams were fully updated - not this one. Sheringham still at spurs, Chelsea team from last year plus duff

Overall good but I prefer Pro evo 2 better for some reason. May change over time though

Peace
Wed 22/10/03 at 22:41
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I can't disagree, when it comes down to presentation and layouts etc, FIFA games are the best. But when it comes to it, i prefer gameplay over looks, and now PES3 has some licesing, its even better.
Wed 22/10/03 at 22:21
Regular
Anyone who can say that they have played both Fifa 2004 and Pro Evolution 3 and then say that Fifa is better should be shot. All visuals and presentation yet the gameplay is shocking.
Wed 22/10/03 at 22:07
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
BLUE, I PICK BLUE!!!
Wed 22/10/03 at 17:35
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
That kind of arrogance and stupid opinion about Fifa signifies everything wrong with the gaming world. Presentation over gameplay. It's like choosing who to vote for in the election because of your favourite colour.
Wed 22/10/03 at 15:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
pring wrote:
> I'm going to buy PES3 because im gonna get fifa 2004, its going to be
> much better and the official team and player names make it much
> better.

> Don't waste your money on PES3, buy Fifa 2004, it will be much much
> better!!!

Sign off the internet, get a rope, tie it up on a wall about 8 feet from the ground, use a support to get up that high and then once you've put your neck in it get rid of the supports. Hang there for as long as it takes.
Tue 21/10/03 at 18:37
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Go home...

Anyways, back to the subject, I've just started the master league after downloading the pesfan.com option file, and i'm not doing too badly. I've signed 5 players, one being a goalkeeper, and i'm top of the league with 7 games to go. I'm making a team of Asians, and so far i have:

Lee Woon Jae - South Korean keeper
SongChong Gug - South Korean full back
Nakata - on of the greatest offensive midfielers in the wonderful game of football
Lee Chun Soo - Quality striker
Ahn Jung Hwan - Another South Korean striker
Tue 21/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
I'm going to buy PES3 because im gonna get fifa 2004, its going to be much better and the official team and player names make it much better. Plus, ive heard of the new off the ball control where you can control other players at the same time. eg. to make quick runs to break down the defence of the other team.

Don't waste your money on PES3, buy Fifa 2004, it will be much much better!!!

pring
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:37
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Speaking of the players though, i too have seen some who dont have the stats that they deserve. I few of the players i bought for my master league team on the last game arent even good enough anymore. Still, there are plenty of players to choose from. I happened to buy Pires, and hes brilliant. Kewell will also be arriving pre season!
Tue 21/10/03 at 10:35
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I thought the goal keepers were improved this time. They were really bad in PES2, and although they still let in some easy goals on the whole they are pretty good i though.
Mon 20/10/03 at 21:44
Yes, goalies are a bit awful. Kick-feints fool them EVERY time, they are pathetic at reaching long shots, they dive about like idiots to no effect.

Defenders are horribly good. AC Milan with Cafu and Kaka edited in are so hard to beat, Shevchenko, Rivaldo and Rui Costa scoring so often and Maldini and Nesta getting in the way.

Anyone else think some players are way too over-rated and some way too under-rated? Prime examples are Shevchenko, Ljungberg who is one of the best players in the game and Rivaldo and under-rated players are RVN, Duff and Aimar. Aimar and RVN are good, but nowhere near as good as in real life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.