GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3 - First thoughts?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
Got my copy this morning and played for a bit before I go to uni. Here are my first thoughts:

Training mode is much better. You have to first pass a skill 1 then move on to skill 2 and so on to skill 5 which is pretty damn hard. Ain't managed it yet - Skills include shooting, passing dribbling etc

Gameplay is good but it will take time to get used to

I thought there was a libero grande part to the game?

Team names are all wrong as are some of the player names - guessing a cheat cd will be availble soon

Played round a mates house 2 weeks ago a japanese version and the teams were fully updated - not this one. Sheringham still at spurs, Chelsea team from last year plus duff

Overall good but I prefer Pro evo 2 better for some reason. May change over time though

Peace
Sat 25/10/03 at 09:58
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
BoWzEr wrote:
> Got my copy today, just played a few matches with mates. What do i
> think?
>
> I think that you cannot run fast enough.
> I think free kicks are still very poor.
> I think there is too many highlights at the end of a half.
> I think the teams should be bloody called what they are called in
> real life. I spent an age looking for Spurs.
>
> That is it for now, as i have only played multiplayer a few times, i
> shall get back to you when i have played more.

Weh, a fellow spurs supporter. I can only suggest, with all my heart, that you get an X-Port for about £18. This allows you to download the PES3 option files with corrected player and team names, updated transfers, updated kits etc. Then, all teams will have the right name, but spurs will still be crap on the game:D

Oh. and where to buy the X-Port from, either here or from www.*what you do with games*.com
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:51
Regular
Badgerman wrote:
> Played any of the older versons Sniper?

Pro evo 1 and 2 a bit... but this one i played for longer.
I also played ISS 98 and 2000 which was brilliant on the 64.
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Candyfloss Rocks!!!"
Got my copy today, just played a few matches with mates. What do i think?

I think that you cannot run fast enough.
I think free kicks are still very poor.
I think there is too many highlights at the end of a half.
I think the teams should be bloody called what they are called in real life. I spent an age looking for Spurs.

That is it for now, as i have only played multiplayer a few times, i shall get back to you when i have played more.
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:48
Regular
"es argh"
Played any of the older versons Sniper?
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:35
Regular
Don't have a PS2 but... graphics are a bit blurry, refs seem to give red cards and free kicks for stupid things other than that gameplay is good played it for a couple of hours enjoyed it but wouldn't buy a ps2 for it.
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:30
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> My players were set on 3 stars

what do you mean by that?
Fri 24/10/03 at 23:25
Regular
"es argh"
You need 10,000 Pes points unfortunately.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:35
Regular
Does the transfer mode work quite well then? I want to update all the shiznits but haven't got around to it yet.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:26
Regular
"es argh"
pring wrote:
> its a good game but the kits, players etc are so bad its unbelieveable

Edit mode?

Fool.
Fri 24/10/03 at 22:08
I know!

I just play Master League with licensed teams, because I can't stand hearing Old Firm Blue or Glasgow any more.

Thumped Man Utd 4-1 today with an updated Chelsea. Hasselbaink scored a hat-trick and Desailly scored the other.

Scholes scored for them. Anyone else noticed how amazing he is? Van Nistelrooy is awful compared to Scholes. So is Hasselbaink, Crespo and Mutu play so awfully compared to him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.