GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3 - First thoughts?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
Got my copy this morning and played for a bit before I go to uni. Here are my first thoughts:

Training mode is much better. You have to first pass a skill 1 then move on to skill 2 and so on to skill 5 which is pretty damn hard. Ain't managed it yet - Skills include shooting, passing dribbling etc

Gameplay is good but it will take time to get used to

I thought there was a libero grande part to the game?

Team names are all wrong as are some of the player names - guessing a cheat cd will be availble soon

Played round a mates house 2 weeks ago a japanese version and the teams were fully updated - not this one. Sheringham still at spurs, Chelsea team from last year plus duff

Overall good but I prefer Pro evo 2 better for some reason. May change over time though

Peace
Mon 20/10/03 at 21:32
Regular
"Notable"
i think the goalies are not gud enough, especially when most efforts look like goin in top corner. im considering changing the goalie stats to max to sort it out.
Sun 19/10/03 at 01:17
Regular
"es argh"
The Blurry thing, that is.
Sun 19/10/03 at 01:13
Regular
"es argh"
T'is very noticable on WE7 where 60hz mode is a bit odd.

Overall PES3 is miles better than PES2 (FIFA 2004 doesn't come close to challenging PES1 yet!!!)

At first the "getting used to Period" is a bit odd, but it is so much more addictive than PES2.

Noe, my views are based on the Beta, apparantly there's been some tweaks, and some people say the Beta's better!
Sun 19/10/03 at 01:06
Ah well, maybe it's my TV. I think I get the transfer thing. Sort o.
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:43
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Not sure what you mean about this graphics blurred thing. Cant say i have noticed it myself, only other than in the highlights as said below.
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:41
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Pro Evo wrote:
> all for free!*
>
> Obviously...

Well, I didn't want to say anything.
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:39
Not the higlights, just the general blurriness of it.

I just unlocked the player swap thing, but it doesn't work!

I got Crespo to Chelsea, then I tried to get Mutu at Chelsea but it wouldn't let me. The Unregistered slot which was white when I put Crespo in changed to grey and it won't swap.

What do I do?
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:38
Regular
all for free!*

Obviously...
Sun 19/10/03 at 00:37
Regular
I missed out on promotion in the damn play offs! And i finished top in the league too!

Not to worry, started the new season now with 3 new players. A new keeper to replace the crap you start with, Wiltord and this other midfielder, all for three! Also got rid of half the crap players i never played.

This season will be mine!
Sat 18/10/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Touched!"
Cheers, Afro!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.