GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 3 - First thoughts?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 17/10/03 at 11:40
Regular
Got my copy this morning and played for a bit before I go to uni. Here are my first thoughts:

Training mode is much better. You have to first pass a skill 1 then move on to skill 2 and so on to skill 5 which is pretty damn hard. Ain't managed it yet - Skills include shooting, passing dribbling etc

Gameplay is good but it will take time to get used to

I thought there was a libero grande part to the game?

Team names are all wrong as are some of the player names - guessing a cheat cd will be availble soon

Played round a mates house 2 weeks ago a japanese version and the teams were fully updated - not this one. Sheringham still at spurs, Chelsea team from last year plus duff

Overall good but I prefer Pro evo 2 better for some reason. May change over time though

Peace
Sun 26/10/03 at 20:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've never been a big fan of footie games myself, but PES3 is gonna be my first PS2 footie game. I've read a few reviews and watched a couple of demos, and I really do like the look of it so I'll pick up at the weekend.
Sun 26/10/03 at 20:26
Regular
I thought that was Transfer Frequency?
Sun 26/10/03 at 19:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Win the Asia-Oceanian Cup and the American Cup.

Easy money.
Sun 26/10/03 at 19:18
"cheerios"
I really want to get that free transfer thing... up to 6500 points now.
Sun 26/10/03 at 13:54
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
'Tis indeed. If you leave it as default (2 stars i think), good players at strong clubs will only sign once you have been promoted, and usually only about half-way through the season, dependant on whether you are top of the league or not.
Sun 26/10/03 at 10:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I think that's to do with the frequency of transfer offers.
Sat 25/10/03 at 23:14
Regular
Don or†ega wrote:
> what do you mean by that?

You can set the level of your aquired players before starting a Master League... or at least I thought it meant that?!
Sat 25/10/03 at 19:21
Regular
"I'm Great."
Just accidently opened the disc tray at the end of one half. Closed it back up again and it loaded up the next half. A good thing in my book.

The game's not bad either. That's a big thing for me to say considering how I disliked both Pro 1 and 2. This one plays well and runs smoothly i think. Keeps me happy.
Sat 25/10/03 at 17:15
Regular
Free kicks are poor? come on, they have made free kicks far too easy. I had four free kicks with Chiesa in a match, three went in, all on target. With players like Beckham, Rui Costa, Del Piero its even easier... sometimes you feel you just CANT miss the target.
Sat 25/10/03 at 12:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
BoWzEr wrote:
> I think that you cannot run fast enough.

It's faster and more fluid than both Club Football and FIFA 2004.

> I think free kicks are still very poor.

That's fair enough. I thought this at first as well. You won't be saying this when you get used to them though. Just try various amounts of power, swerve and dip to alter the course of your free kick.

> I think there is too many highlights at the end of a half.

There's this button called the Start button. Press it.

> I think the teams should be bloody called what they are called in
> real life. I spent an age looking for Spurs.

Spurs aren't that hard to find. They're one of the London teams, and they play in white. So the only other team you could choose that would be wrong would be Fulham. Get whoever owns the game to edit everything for you - makes it a whole lot easier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.