GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should we close General Chat?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/10 at 23:18
Regular
This week from Monday 29th to Sunday 4th we had an incredible 1* new threads and that was spam that didn't get deleted. Compare this to a year or two ago when we would get at least 10 new threads every single day.

What's up with that? This is terrible Garin. Should we just close general chat and move the active threads (WLT, bargain, etc) to the games forum instead?

* - I didn't want to wait till midnight to post this, so exclude this post
Mon 05/04/10 at 15:31
Regular
If we had notable elections again I think pb or Grandprix would win. They're the only notables that are still regular posters here.
Mon 05/04/10 at 15:18
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I never did see the point in Notable. However it was abit of fun doing the voting.
Mon 05/04/10 at 15:15
Regular
Gutted I never got to see my name written in urine-gold.
Mon 05/04/10 at 15:05
"I love yo... lamp."
Well for some odd reason the staffies got rid of Notable status and a whole bunch disappeared basically overnight. It also meant there was no sucking up for a month or two to try and become one, so there's less reason to post here now.

Over and above that, something like 20,000 posts of mine just disappeared. Why, I have no idea.

Finally, some of the cool people left. Like me.
Mon 05/04/10 at 13:46
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Its all about the people, and alot of people that use to make all the threads dont post here anymore. The reason i dont post on here anymore is because the usual lot that would probably reply to them are not around. So i just wouldnt waste my time. I know it will get ignored if i did.
Mon 05/04/10 at 10:53
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
> I don't see any advantages of closing general chat. I'm all in
> favour of closing the creative writing forum, that's completely
> useless.

Um, no. You losers just never give me feedback on the amazing stories and poems I put up for you.
Mon 05/04/10 at 02:45
Regular
Well I don't really think we should close it, I just wanted to point out how quiet it's gotten here. :¬)

I've been posting on this forum for exactly 10 years (4th April 2000) and I've never seen it this quiet before. So of course I'm worried that we'll come online one day and see GC gone. Maybe I'm worrying too much, I mean the Creative forum is still there and that's been dead for over a year now.

Perhaps a a quiz will liven things up.
Mon 05/04/10 at 00:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
If you close general chat, you might as well open up a review submission section like the cheats and walkthroughs and close all the forums.

The reviews, cheats and walkthroughs are popular because they win stuff. Tech posts are encouraged because it has something to do with their core operation as a company. The rest is, to put it bluntly, pointless.
Mon 05/04/10 at 00:29
Regular
"How Ironic"
I don't see any advantages of closing general chat. I'm all in favour of closing the creative writing forum, that's completely useless. The general chat forum itself doesn't get many threads, but I'd argue it was the most popular forum as the threads that exist draw lots of conversations. I don't see how implenting it into the gaming forum is useful, as the gaming forum is for gaming threads. The general chat is for everything else.
Mon 05/04/10 at 00:08
Regular
Garin wrote:
> A separate place where you and pb can swoon over Matt Smith might
> be for the best. ;)

And Apple products?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.