GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should we close General Chat?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/10 at 23:18
Regular
This week from Monday 29th to Sunday 4th we had an incredible 1* new threads and that was spam that didn't get deleted. Compare this to a year or two ago when we would get at least 10 new threads every single day.

What's up with that? This is terrible Garin. Should we just close general chat and move the active threads (WLT, bargain, etc) to the games forum instead?

* - I didn't want to wait till midnight to post this, so exclude this post
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:17
Regular
pb wrote:
> I don't think Freeola in general are too bothered by the forums
> gaining many more people, to be honest. Some of the staffies are
> but if the company as a whole thought that it might encourage
> business then they would promote it more and make it more of an
> investment than a forum hidden in the back of nowhere with no
> real business purpose.

pb remember this thread, this thread and this thread*? I was going to post another 20 links showing you how bothered they were over the years, but you get the idea.

However if they really don't mind how quiet it gets, then obviously that's great as long as the forums stay alive and don't get shut down. :¬)

* - I like the last part
Tue 06/04/10 at 16:08
"possibly impossible"
Doesn't bother me, Machie, I see it how I see it and I've said the same thing many times already in a fair few threads about this forum and how it has a lack of new traffic that actually signs up here.

I don't think Freeola in general are too bothered by the forums gaining many more people, to be honest. Some of the staffies are but if the company as a whole thought that it might encourage business then they would promote it more and make it more of an investment than a forum hidden in the back of nowhere with no real business purpose.

At the end of the day I'm thinking that Freeola like to have the traffic from the web chat, cheats and reviews through google searches which may go on to view the main page and sign up to the ISP or for web hosting. Whether anyone signs up properly for the forums or stays is immaterial to them, it just bothers those of us who remember it of old and have attachments to the place.
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:57
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
You dont have to be sorry about it.
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:53
Regular
Vee wrote:
> I cant get in to posting here as much as i use to. This place
> doesnt have the same feel to it anymore. Bring back all my old
> posters :P make this place what it was!

I created this thread after you posted this Vee. I was kinda hoping it would encourage people to make more of an effort instead of hanging around the WLT all day. I didn't want to cause any drama or get this kind of reaction. Sorry guys.
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:33
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
He always was wasnt he? I dont give two hoots about who posts where. I dont even care who comes back and fourth from the forums. Freeola is what it is, those that use it have their own reasons. As do those over at PM. Everybodys happy so why the big drama. He wanted a reaction he got it.
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:26
"Retarded List"
It's too late he's one of us now
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:23
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:
> I think I will take Vee's advice and leave the forum

I wasnt giving out advice! lol
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:20
"Retarded List"
I'm just messing, no worries kid, you're alright
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:16
Regular
Steel Protagonist wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> Steel Protagonist wrote:
> so I personally have no reason to post here.
>
> ...
>
> What's yer problem? I don't post here I just occasionally show up
> to complain and reminisce about the good old days.

I have no problem with you, I was just wondering why someone with nothing good to say about the site still bothers lurking/posting occasionally. I guess you answered my question :)
Tue 06/04/10 at 14:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Try and keep the thread slightly on topic and polite please guys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.