GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should we close General Chat?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/04/10 at 23:18
Regular
This week from Monday 29th to Sunday 4th we had an incredible 1* new threads and that was spam that didn't get deleted. Compare this to a year or two ago when we would get at least 10 new threads every single day.

What's up with that? This is terrible Garin. Should we just close general chat and move the active threads (WLT, bargain, etc) to the games forum instead?

* - I didn't want to wait till midnight to post this, so exclude this post
Wed 07/04/10 at 12:34
Regular
"THFC"
I mentioned the YT idea while back.

But it never really moved on any further. I would happily re-send a couple of ideas if you would like.
Wed 07/04/10 at 12:23
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I remember you were going to email me some ideas about FB and YT weren't you HM? Would love to hear them in full, and consider.

Unfortunately I am very busy with both the interactive side of Freeola (cheats/walkthroughs/chats etc) and project work so it's a case of balancing eveything. Still though the quiz should bump us up a bit.
Wed 07/04/10 at 11:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well I want this place to succeed. You've given me so much in the terms of somewhere to hang-out online and also a few GAD prizes, so without your success, I'll be forced to return the dirty streets of the internet... Big Issue anyone?

And with respect to the Twitter account - they do work at drumming up business - but they need to be used effectively.

Facebook also seems the way forward. One status update reaches my 300+'s FB home page and I see that converted into about 10+ hits (ok, 10% conversion isn't great, but for the time it takes to write the status update and post a link, it's pretty darn good!)

As with the referral idea - you will see a lot more pro-active user recruitment. It could even be, dare I say it, fun!

And as a side note, the link from my site to the paranormal activity review, shows that using the forum to post my site reviews is getting you traffic - 160+ views when I last looked...4 times as many views as other reviews in the same category...could be coincidence, but hopefully it is working!
Wed 07/04/10 at 09:48
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
@SP: Ask them.

@HM: Both good points and ideas, both are areas under WH's control and, as he is aware of this thread (posting in it previously) no doubt he will take these on board.
Wed 07/04/10 at 08:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I still think the Twitter account is under-used >>>

10 tweets at most? Most of them to threads I started :p I don't really know what your follower base is like, but it may be worth tweeting regularly. Try to get yourself on a FollowFriday (whatever that is...I was just aware my account was occasionally mentioned in one) and you should be away. The facebook group also needs a good push (all to happy to help with that one...)

And the idea of a six month referral competition - each user has a chance to win a GAD every 3/6/12 months (delete as applicable) if they refer the most new users. These new users MUST post over 50 non-spam posts (or just be known to be active users/or Internet based customers after referral). This way you get the word of mouth advertising you need and it will be generally really good quality advertising as the people giving it will be after a quality new referral to get the prize.
Tue 06/04/10 at 21:03
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just noticed this thread has had a whopping 615 views.Surely that is reason enough not to close General Chat ?.Be good if some other threads attracted that sort of attention as well as perhaps some responses from the odd lurker.
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:42
"Retarded List"
Why are Chr1s and Damarus still banned?
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:35
Regular
pb wrote:
> Mostly 3 years ago though, a lot changes in 3 years.

That's why I compared Freeola 2010 to Freeola 2007. You're right though, they eventually gave up. :¬( Well apart from this thread last year.
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:27
Regular
"How Ironic"
I quote you from that last link

"As for what Tony said, it all sounds good, I just hope he plans to make the changes soon"
Tue 06/04/10 at 17:24
"possibly impossible"
Mostly 3 years ago though, a lot changes in 3 years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.